Electric 2-Wheeler sales March 2022 – Numbers clearly show a fast growing pattern every month. Ola’s figures are rapidly increasing…
The Indian customer is adapting really quickly to the changing norm where Electric is coming up as the new mobility solution in the world.
Higher percentage of the youth population who are very adaptable to new technology along with surging fuel prices have led to a significant rise in the electric two-wheeler sales.
Let’s take a look at how the major players fared in the month of March 2022.
Electric 2-wheeler Sales March 2022
- Hero Electric – Hero Electric sold the most electric two-wheelers in March 2022 and posted a growth of 148.77% YoY. The units sold jumped from 5,235 units in March 2021 to 13,023 units in March 2022.
- Okinawa Autotech – Okinawa Autotech sold the second most electric two-wheelers. They saw a jump of 441.44% YoY, expanding from 1,530 units last year to 8,284 units sold in March 2022.
- Ampere Vehicles – Following suit, Ampere also saw growth of 573.54%, growing to 6,338 units from 941 units sold in the same month last year.
|Manufacturer||March 2022||March 2021||% Change|
- Ola Electric – Ola Electric sold 9,121 units in March 2022. This is their first year of delivering their e-scooters and are following ‘direct-to-customer’ sales model. Therefore, these numbers are based on the registrations that have occurred during the month of March on the VAHAN portal.
- Ather Energy – Sales of Ather Energy expanded by 108.83%, growing from 1,064 units sold last year to 2,222 units registered in March 2022.
- Revolt Intellicorp – Showing the highest growth of a whopping 2558.50%, Revolt sold the least EVs registering only 1,409 units in March 2022.
Other than Ather Energy, all the electric manufacturers again showed good growth looking MoM. Ather is the only one whose sales contracted compared to the previous month.
- Hero Electric – Hero Electric sold the most EV in the month of March 2022, Hero Electric saw the growth of 77.01%.
- Okinawa Autotech – Okinawa saw a 39.86% rise in sales when compared to February 2022 sales. It sold 5,923 units in February.
- Ampere Vehicles – Ampere’s sales were in the green MoM. They saw a rise of 47.26% compared to the previous month.
|Manufacturer||March 2022||February 2022||% Change|
- Ola Electric – MoM Ola Electric saw the highest rise in sales. Their sales increased by a whopping 133.57%, growing from 3,905 units sold in February 2022.
- Ather Energy – Ather is the only one that saw their sales drop MoM. It dropped by a meagre 0.36%, falling from 2,230 units sold in February 2022.
- Revolt Intellicorp – Occupying the last position in sales, Revolt also saw growth in their sales MoM. Their numbers were up by 24.91%, increasing from 1,128 units sold in February 2022.