Gen 3 Ather 450X is making its debut on 19th July on their official YouTube channel… Lot of changes are coming to the electric scooter…
So, a few weeks back we reported that Ather have been developing next-gen 450X electric scooters, as revealed by a type-approval document. This document also revealed new battery capacity & range numbers as well.
Ather Confirms Launch of Gen 3 Ather 450X Electric Scooter on July 19
Taking to their Twitter, Ather Energy revealed the generation number – Gen 3 – and the date of launch of the updated 450X electric scooter.
The Gen 3 Ather 450X will make its debut on the 19th of July and the event will be live streamed on their official YouTube channel.
It is expected that the new Gen 3 450X electric scooter could be priced around Rs. 6,000/- to Rs. 10,000/- more than the current version. And probably, the company might discontinue the current version when the Gen 3 450X will be introduced into the electric scooter market.
A few of many new updates that will be introduced on the Gen 3 450X have already been revealed.
According to the document –
- New 450X will get a bigger 3.66 kWh Li-ion battery – compared to the previous 2.6 kWh.
- Battery capacity will be 75Ah.
- Battery weight/mass will be 19 kg.
- The Motor will come with 2 settings – Setting-1 & Setting-2.
- Setting-1 will have 5 -riding modes – Warp, Sport, Ride, Smart Eco & Eco.
- Maximum power at Setting-1 will be 6.4 kW (8.6 HP), Sustained power – 3.1 kW (4.2 HP) and Minimum Power will be 1 kW (1.3 HP).
- Setting-2 will have Setting-2 will only have 4 riding modes – Sport, Ride, Smart Eco and Eco.
- The Maximum Power in Setting-2 will be 5.8 kW (7.8 HP), with Sustained and Minimum power being the same at 3.1 kW (4.2 HP) and 1 kW (1.3 HP) respectively.
- The Range in Setting-1 is claimed to be 146 km, while in Setting-2 will be 108 km.
- The overall dimensions of the electric scooter have also been changed.
- The Overall Length has now been increased by 25 mm and stands at 1837 mm.
- The Wheelbase has also been lengthened by 9 mm, and now measures 1296 mm.
- Similarly, the Overall Height has also increased by 11 mm, and measures 1114 mm.
- The Width, however, remains the same.
Looking at the Setting-1 & Setting-2 options, maybe these could be the two variants of Ather 450 – the top-spec 450X & the 450 Plus – carrying these different settings.
Furthermore, Ather could be adding some new features to their upcoming electric scooters as well, to better compete with the likes of the Ola S1 Pro which has received the new MoveOS 2 update which added a host of features.
There are also rumours that Ather might be introducing an annual subscription service to their customers. This new subscription option will offer features like OTA updates, navigation, UI updates, smartphone integration etc. for an annual price of Rs. 2,400/- w.e.f. 1st of January, 2023.
Stay tuned… We will be updating you with everything news on the Gen 3 450X…