Ather 450X is going to get a much-needed update really soon… It will bring better range, power, more riding modes etc…
So, it was back in 2020 that Ather Energy launched their first electric scooter offerings – 450X and 450 Plus.
Since then, these two offerings from Ather have gained a unique identity & reputation in the e-scooter domain of being consistent and reliable in operations. Recently, the company has also raised a further Rs. 992 Crore in Series-E funding which will be put into further improving their fundamentals and R&D.
However, now we have in our hands an image of a type-approval document which reveals some interesting details of the upcoming update to Ather 450 series electric scooters.
Leaked Type-Approval Document Reveals New Details of Update to Ather 450 E-scooters
Thanks to an online portal, we have a copy of the type-approval document which reveals details of the upcoming update to Ather 450 series electric scooters.
Let’s look at them one-by-one –
- The updated 450X electric scooter will get a bigger 3.66 kWh Li-ion battery pack, compared to the previous 2.6 kWh unit.
- The Battery Chemistry/Type will be a Li-ion pack based on Nickel-Cobalt base.
- The Battery Capacity will be 74 Ah.
- The Battery Mass will be 19 kg
Motor, Range & Power –
- The Motor Type will be – 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (Mono).
- The Motor will come with 2 settings – Setting-1 & Setting-2.
- Setting-1 will have 5 riding modes – Warp, Sport, Ride, Smart Eco & Eco.
- The Maximum power output in Setting-1 will be 6.4 kW (8.6 HP), Sustained power will be 3.1 kW (4.2 HP) and Minimum power will be 1 kW (1.3 HP).
- Setting-2 will only have 4 riding modes – Sport, Ride, Smart Eco and Eco.
- The Maximum Power in Setting-2 will be 5.8 kW (7.8 HP), Sustained and Minimum power being the same at 3.1 kW (4.2 HP) and 1 kW (1.3 HP) respectively.
- The Range in Setting-1 is claimed to be 146 km, while in Setting-2 will be 108 km.
- There have been changes in overall dimensions of the 450X electric scooter, according to the leaked document.
- The Overall Length has now been increased by 25 mm, and stands at 1837 mm.
- The Wheelbase has also been lengthened by 9 mm, and now measures 1296 mm.
- Similarly, the Overall Height has also increased by 11 mm, and measures 1114 mm.
- The Width, however, remains the same.
Looking at the Setting-1 and Setting-2 options mentioned in the document, we predict that these might be the variants of the Ather 450 electric scooters.
The model carrying Setting-1 could be the updated flagship model 450X. And the model carrying Setting-2 could be the lower-spec 450 Plus model. Hence, the riding modes & power figures differences.
In line with the mechanical improvements planned to be brought soon by Ather, it is safe to expect that the company will be adding some new features to their updated electric scooters as well.
Recently, Ather announced their proprietary Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) accessory for their current 450 series electric scooters. We can expect that the new TPMS module could come as standard on the new update to their 450X electric scooter.