Bajaj Auto’s flagship brand, Pulsar may have got a new top model in the form RS 200 which introduces the Racing Sports category-brand into the lineup, there is more awaiting. The company is building a new Adventure sub-brand, products based on which will start rolling out soon into the markets. The smallest of them, we hope, will be the new Pulsar 150AS which will be based on the upcoming 150NS and it was spotted testing again recently by an Autocar India reader.
The Adventure Sport version of the 150, follows the design philosophy of its elder sibling, the 200AS. Mechanically it is expected to be in the same tune as that of upcoming the 150 NS. The 149.5cc engine produces 17 Ps of power at 9,000 rpm and 13 Nm of torque at 7,500 rpm (Turkish spec).
Here are some quick pointers which this mule reveals…
- Perimeter frame
- Petal disc brakes at the front and a drum unit at the rear
- The tyres are slimmer than the 200AS
- Seats may be split
- Projector head lamp (nice addition!)
- Black alloy wheels like the bigger Pulsars with blackened engine
- Telescopic front suspension with a monoshock rear unit
- Fuel tank gets sharp cuts, making it look sporty
- Rear assembly like the 200AS
- And that half fairing!
The engine bay is devoid of a radiator (unlike the 200AS) and is expected to house a carburetted unit. The bike is also unlikely to get ABS, a feature which was first introduced in the recently launched Pulsar RS200. Expect Bajaj to launch the Pulsar 150AS in the markets soon, probably after the 150NS.
Also Read: 8 Differences Between Pulsar RS200 vs 200NS & Price Comparo