At the ongoing Auto Expo 2016, as promised TVS has unveiled their Akula 310 concept motorcycle which is nothing but TVS’ version based on BMW’s G310R’s platform.
TVS AKULA 310 Quick Details
Here are a few quick pointers..
- Akula means “shark” in Russian.
- TVS has launched this as a concept motorcycle and the production version will be a lot tamer.
- In person, it is unbelievably good!
- No “BMW” mention has been made anywhere so far.
- TVS is promoting Akula as a thoroughbred track machine.
- It gets a ‘high performance’ 310cc engine with 6-speed quick-shifting gearbox.
In terms of features, Akula gets…
- USD Forks
- Radial Callipers
- Stiff space frame chassis
- Lightweight carbon fibre body
- Cast alloy swing arm
- Wind-tunnel tested
- Full-functional digital speedo
- on-board gyro cameras
- Steering damper.
TVS has not mentioned anything about its launch but expect a production ready full-faired motorcycle based on Akula 310 in the coming years.