Triumph Tiger 1200 Range is finally here with lighter and improved body and new tech… Two variants offered with added Explorer spec…
So, After a lot of teasing and hypes, Triumph India have finally launched and revealed the prices of all variants of their flagship and more powerful Tiger 1200 GT & Tiger 1200 Rally models. The Triumph Tiger 1200 GT starts at Rs. 19,19,000/- (ex-showroom, India).
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 GT & Rally models Price, Colours & Availability
The booking for the Tiger 1200 GT & Rally models have been going on for a while now. With the announcement of the price, the new Tiger 1200 Range is now available for purchase all across India.
2022 Triumph Tiger 1200 GT & Rally models Highlights and Features
The Tiger 1200 is Triumph’s flagship range of Adventure-Tourer machines, and this time is split into two variants – road-biased GT variant & off-road focused Rally variant. And each of these variants get a long-range model – Explorer – with 10 L extra fuel capacity which takes the total fuel capacity to 30 L.
For the new Tiger 1200 GT & Rally models, Triumph boasts a more powerful 1160 cc, T-plane triple-cylinder engine which is producing 150 HP at 9,000 RPM and whopping 130 Nm of torque at 7,000 RPM. This is an increase of 9 HP from the previous model and 14 HP more than the nearest shaft-driven competitor (BMW R1250 GS).
Other improvements brought to the Tourer and ADV variants are highlighted by reduction of overall weight of the bike by nearly 25 kg from the previous model along with addition of a new lightweight frame with bolt-on rear Aluminium subframe & pillion-hangers.
Additionally, Triumph changed the dimensions of the bikes to make the models a little more compact with changes in riding ergonomics to make the Tiger 1200 Range better to control and handle on & off-road. The company has also added an adjustable-height seat which can be further reduced with the use of accessory seat from their catalogue.
The GT version rides on 19” front and 18’ rear alloy wheels coupled to a comparatively shorter suspension travel than the Rally variant. The off-road biased Rally version gets a longer travel suspension connected to 21” front and 18” rear wheels with a cross-spoke design as standard.
The Technology package of the new Tiger 1200 GT & Rally models is quite extensive –
- All-new Triumph Blind Spot Radar System, developed in partnership with Continental (GT Explorer and Rally Explorer only)
- New Showa semi-active suspension
- New 7” TFT instruments with integrated My Triumph Connectivity System
- Optimised Cornering Traction Control with IMU
- 6-riding modes
- All-new keyless system, including ignition, steering lock and fuel cap
- All-new LED lighting with DRL and Adaptive Cornering Lights (not available on GT)
- Triumph Shift Assist (standard on all except GT)
- Heated grips and seats (heated seats standard on GT Explorer & Rally Explorer only)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (standard on GT Explorer & Rally Explorer only)
- Hill Hold (not available on GT)
Now that the flagship Triumph Tiger 1200 GT & Rally are finally launched in India, they will be directly competing with the likes of Ducati Multistrada V4 and BMW R1250 GS in our market.