Simple Energy is making great strides in EV technology… After the motor they now show their new BMS…
Last month, applauding their R&D and Engineering team, Simple Energy showcased their updated motor which, they claim, will offer the segment-leading 72 Nm of torque and better acceleration than the numbers stated earlier.
The new updated motor made its way into their flagship electric scooter with the launch of a new powerful variant of Simple One which claims a range of more than 300 km!!
All these impressive numbers and claims raises the question – How is Simple Energy able to do this??
Simple Energy answers this by revealing more information regarding their patented Battery Management System (BMS) specifically designed for high performance EVs.
Speaking on this, Mr. Suhas Rajkumar (Founder and CEO, Simple Energy) said –
“Engineering and incremental innovation are the pillars of everything we do at Simple Energy. Developing a BMS from scratch was one of the best decisions we made, enabling us to have an unparalleled degree of vertical integration on the ONE — allowing us to eke out more range and performance than any other EV in the market. This move will also make developing future products by Simple easier.”
Simple Energy’s proprietary Battery Management System (BMS) Highlights
- Simple Energy claim that their new BMS enables the electric powertrain to achieve an industry-leading efficiency rating of 95%.
- The high efficiency combined with 72 Nm of claimed torque and 4.8 kWh battery enables their Simple One electric scooter to achieve more than 200 km of range in Eco mode.
- They proudly explain that the new BMS unit is very compact for a 10 kW (13.5 PS) solution which enables them to have more space in the chassis to put in other essential components such as an extra battery.
- The whole BMS unit is designed to support ISO 26262 safety system which ‘maximises battery health and longevity’.
- The system is claimed to be highly accurate and can detect changes as small as 0.6 mV, providing precise state of charge (SoC) estimation – remaining battery and range.
- Other benefits of the new BMS include Systematic telemetry capturing, further improvement in efficiency via OTA updates and further support to various modular solutions.
Simple One Price and Deliveries
Deliveries of Simple One electric scooters will begin from June 2022.
The company is receiving pre-booking of their ‘One’ e-scooter at Rs. 1,947/- on their official website.
|Simple One Variant||Range||Price (ex-showroom)|
|Standard Variant||Real-world – 203 Km|
Claimed – 236 km
|Long-range Variant||Claimed – 300+ Km||Rs. 1,44,999/-|