2023 Xpulse 200T changes include updates to the motor, other mechanicals, refreshed styling, new color shades, etc. Read on…
The Xpulse 200T – the variant of Xpulse that is marketed as a tourer, never got going in the market. In order to bring some refreshment to it, Hero has announced the launch of the new 2023 edition of the motorcycle that carries fairly big changes. Here is the complete list..
2023 Xpulse 200T Changes
- Engine – The engine is the same 199.6cc, single cylinder air cooled unit, however, like the ADV, there is a new 4 valve head.
- Outputs – Peak power output now is 19.1 PS at 8500 rpm and max torque is 17.3 Nm at 6500 rpm. That means it now churns about 0.7 PS and 0.2 Nm more than the older 2 valve variant.
- New Styling – Aside mechanicals, Hero has also altered the design of the motorcycle a bit. In comes a new flyscreen at the front and the LED headlamp is also now placed lower. There are fork gaiters that have been brought in apart from a tubular grab rail.
- Color Theme – To go with the revamped shot, Hero has also lent the motorcycle a funkier dual color theme and a set of three new colors – Sports Red, Matt Shield Gold and Matt Funk Lime Yellow.
- Price – 2023 Xpulse 200T is now priced at Rs 1,35,726 ex-showroom Delhi. That means it is just Rs 1770 lesser than Xpulse 200 4V.
To penetrate in the premium segment, with below-par engine specs, Hero MotoCorp was playing the pricing game which meant you were getting bigger capacity 200cc motorcycles at price points where rivals had their 150-180ccs. That (obviously along with the products themselves) has given Hero some traction.
However, off-late Hero is increasing their motorcycle prices and they are now almost at par with other 200s. For example much more powerful Pulsar NS200 or even the big Pulsar 250 is priced at around Rs 1.40 Lac; the very sorted Apache 200 is priced under 1.40 Lac. That means, without a major differentiator and conventional specs, it may be difficult for this Xpulse 200T to garner a lot of sales for the brand – even in this new avatar. But let’s see if this sister Xpulse can end up surprising us…