2021 Forty Two changes include higher power, minor tweaks to the engine, apart from major cosmetic updates…
After first unveiling it in 2018, Jawa officially announced the launch of the new Forty Two 2.1 couple of days back. This 2021 version will be sold alongside the older model, at least for now. Let us quickly list the changes and updates it comes with…
2021 Forty Two Changes
- More Power – The same 293cc engine has been reworked to produce 27.33 PS of peak power which is 0.82 PS higher than before. 27.02 Nm of max torque is same as before.
- Alloy Wheels – In place of spoke wheeks, the new Forty Two comes with 13-spoke alloy wheels in black color which enhances the styling of the motorcycle.
- Tyres – Alloy wheels have given Jawa the option of offering the 42 with tubeless tyres – a much needed change!
- Trip meter – There is also a trip-meter now which is offered as standard.
- New Colors – Three fresher colors have been introduced – Orion Red, Sirius White and Allstar Black. All of them come with a blackened theme ie the engine, exhaust, rims, forks etc are all black in color.
- Exhaust – Jawa informs that it has deepened and the music is now more pleasing to the ears.
Jawa has also repositioned the lambda sensor and it now monitors the various variables even more efficiently. Fly-screen and headlamp grille can be had as additional accessories.
Above all, Jawa says, the throttle response has become crisper and the response of the motorcycle to inputs is enhanced. This results in a better mid-range and stronger acceleration.
The new Forty Two is priced at Rs 1.84 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi which is a premium of almost Rs 6800 over the regular model. Dual channel ABS is standard.