New 2019 Mojo ABS spy pics have surfaced revealing Mahindra’s strategy for the motorcycle which is sold under their own banner…
Mahindra has been testing the Mojo ABS for a long time now. However, it appears that, midway, they shifted focus to Jawa motorcycles keeping the Mojo in the backburner. However, with Jawa now on the verge of settlement, focus comes back to the motorcycle which started it for the brand.
Few pics of the upcoming Mojo ABS have been posted by Iamabiker. Apart from the mandatory tech, there are many other changes that we can notice which can be a part of the new motorcycle.
- This version is a mix of UT and XT which means that Mahindra may dissolve the older options and may present a single variant with the best of both the worlds…
- Mojo ABS is expected to be fuel injected and may be BSVI compliant. However, whether Mahindra brings it this soon remains a question. They may continue with the older BSIV compliant engine and can move to BSVI when everyone else is doing it; sometime around December 2019-January 2020 period.
- This test mule is shod with neither Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres of the XT300 or the MRF Zappers of the UT300. Instead, it gets Pirelli Angel CT tyres.
- Mahindra may continue to offer it as a fuel injected unit (may also be necessary for BSVI compliance).
- This mule sports a single exhaust which is what we believe will go to the production version as well.
- Braking system is from Bybre and this must be a dual channel ABS unit. The older motorcycles came with brakes from J.Juan and we were not very impressed with them.
- Notice that there are no Upside Down forks which means we are getting the regular telescopics.
With similar engine specs (of the XT300) and this kind of kit, we believe Mahindra can price the new Mojo at around 1.55-1.60 Lakh levels, following it with the BSVI version at around 1.65 Lakh range to make sense for the motorcycle. Or they may introduce the BSVI version right away at the said price tag.
Mahindra should also redesign the motorcycle cosmetically a wee bit to lend that air of freshness in the new model. They can at least change the headlamp to a more aggressive looking unit. Launch as we believe should be soon…