2018 Ninja 300 changes include some hits and misses but that price is a killer!
Kawasaki has dropped a bomb it seems as they have created history by introducing a CKD TWIN-CYLINDER motorcycle at prices lesser than an India-made SINGLE CYLINDER bike (no prizes for guessing 😉 ). Yes, 2018 Ninja 300 still continues to be a CKD from Thailand, like before, but a lot of its parts are now sourced locally (link to launch story).
However, not much has changed on the spec front and we doubt if a brand as reliable as Kawasaki compromises much on the overall quality of parts used for price reduction. So, expect similar overall quality levels at least on the mechanical front!
2018 Ninja 300 Changes
So, what has changed in the 2018 version? Let us list all of that down…
- ABS – 2018 Ninja 300 gets the most-needed ABS feature and it is a proper dual-channel unit.
- New Colours – It also now comes in two new liveries – Green and Blue with sporty decals.
- Ground Clearance – According to the specs mentioned by Kawasaki, 2018 Ninja 300 sits 5 mm lower than the outgoing version. The 2017 Ninja 300 had a GC of 140 mm.
- Weight – At 179 kg, the latest 2018 Ninja 300 is 7 kg heavier than the 2017 version. Some of it would be the added weight of the ABS unit.
- Tyres – The new motorcycle now comes with MRF tyres – they are the same spec as the older version.
- Warranty – To ensure you rush to your nearest showroom, Kawasaki is also throwing an additional 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the new Ninja 300. However, as we understand it is applicable for a limited number of pre-bookings (confirmation pending).
Rest of the specs appear to be the same but that massive price slash of Rs 62,000 (plus the cost of ABS, adding upto almost 1 Lakh effectively) has made the Ninja 300 the most affordable Kawasaki in India.
It undercuts all its twin cylinder competitors and also outrivals the recently introduced single cylinder BMW G310 R and G310 GS.
2018 Ninja 300 Pics
Live pics credit – Kawasaki Thane