2017 Classic 350 Rear disc brake also gets Thunderbird’s swingarm. Similar is the case with Classic 500…Live pics of both the motorcycles added.
As was already leaked, Royal Enfield has officially announced the launch of its 2017 models of its largest selling Classic 350 as well as its elder sibling Classic 500.
Let us quickly list the new features these new models come with…
2017 Classic 350 Changes
- Introduction of 240 mm rear disc brake. Standard models are shod with 153 mm drum brakes.
- Carry over of swingarm of Thunderbird
- New colour – Gunmetal Grey. The rear mudguard, fuel tank, front mudguard and side boxes are all painted in grey colour.
- Dark tan seat from existing Classic Chrome model.
2017 Classic 500 Changes
- New colour theme called as Stealth Black. Most of the body parts like fuel tank, mudguards, utility box, indicator housing, headlamp ring etc are painted matte black. However, the live pic shows that the exhaust is still chrome and not black according to the stuido pic.
- It also gets the swingarm of Thunderbird.
- And a 240 mm rear disc brake.
So, the two very important and large selling Royal Enfield models finally get rear disc brakes, however, ABS, which is offered on international-spec models, is still missing. This leaves Bullet as the only model in the portfolio devoid of the rear disc.
2017 Classic 350 Rear Disc Brake & Classic 500 Price
|Classic 350 Gunmetal Grey||Rs 1,59,677|
|Classic 500 Stealth Black||Rs 2,05,213|
*prices on-road in Chennai
A welcome addition, we must say and that stealth black Classic 500 looks stunning!