2-wheeler sales September 2020 – Hero maintained its sales dominance over Honda; there was a swap between Yamaha & Royal Enfield in the tally..
With the exception of TVS all other manufacturers saw a significant upside in sales in the month. Since these are factory dispatch numbers, it is clear that makers have a lot of hope pinned on the festive season.
Two-wheeler sales have started showing positive signs after a very dull COVID-led lockdown period.
2-Wheeler Sales September 2020
|Company||Sep ’20 Sales||Sep ’19 Sales||Change|
|Suzuki Motorcycle India||65,195||63,382||+2.9%|
|Yamaha Motor India||63,052||53,727||+17.35%|
- Hero Motocorp maintained its leadership during September, as it posted a healthy growth of Y-o-Y 16.12% with 697,293 units. It is almost 2 lakh units ahead of the runner-up Honda.
- Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) crossed the 5-lac figure in the domestic market and posted a ~10% growth during the month.
- At number 3 was TVS Motor, whose numbers were less than half of the second-ranked HMSI. The company sold 241,762 units of its motorcycles, scooters and mopeds against 243,047 in September 2019, thereby posting a minor degrowth of 0.52%.
- Bajaj Auto maintained its usual #4 spot even as it grew by a hefty 23.76% Y-o-Y. The company reported the highest growth among its peers and sold 219,500 units.
- Following Bajaj Auto was Suzuki at #5, which had its sales flat at 65,195 units. It reported a marginal growth of 2.9%.
- Yamaha dethroned Royal Enfield for the #6 spot, as it grew its sales by 17.35% Y-o-Y at 63,052 units.
- On the other hand, Royal Enfield slipped to #7 place as it sold 55,910 units of its motorcycles with a flat growth of 1.9%.