Update: Our First Ride Review is Up: You can Read it here. Also watch the video showcasing its exhaust note, walkaround etc.
The most awaited quarter liter in India is launched and truly, nobody expected it to be so quick, ever since the first speculative bits started coming out. You can read our launch article here.
Now that the motorcycle is out and we are riding it at the Buddh International Circuit, let us quickly take you through some interesting bits of the motorcycle.
YZF R3: Some Interesting Bits
- The model-code for YZF-R3 is 2YS1.
- The dual-cylinder 321cc motorcycle weighs only 4 kilograms more than 200cc Pulsar RS200!
- Its power output of 42PS is just 1.5PS less than RC390 but torque is 5.4 Nm lesser.
- As compared to its immediate rival Ninja 300 in India, R3 produces 3 PS of higher power and 2.6 Nm of more peak torque.
- Yamaha R3 costs lesser than RC390 in some international markets.
- R3 costs approx Rs 30,000 lesser than Ninja 300 on the ex-showroom price in India.
- Its on-road price in Delhi is about Rs 3.5 Lakhs.
- In India, R3 is available with MRF Nylogrip tyres (yes, we are also trying to understand its grip levels in our ride).
- R3 comes with a turn angle of 34 degrees on both the sides, which simply means you can turn your handle 34 degrees both towards left and right. Yamaha says this will help in easy maneuvering in tight situations.
- Yamaha has NOT launched the red color which is available internationally, for reasons not known to us.
- R3, as has been widely publicized, doesn’t get ABS, even as an optional extra, but Yamaha says.. ‘probably sometime in the future’.
- Yamaha intends to sell 200 R3s every month.
- The front headlamps are twin 55 watt halogen bulbs while the brake lights are LED units.
R3 Instrument Cluster
The instrument cluster comprises of…
- Digital Speedometer
- Analogue Tachometer
- Liquid Crystal Odometer and tripmeter
- Digital water temperature meter
- Digital Fuel guage
- Gear indicator
- Fuel consumption indicator
- Digital Clock
Stay tuned for our first impressions of the latest rage in town…