Yamaha has always been known for superbikes initially across the world. Then, with the launch of FZ-1, it became synonymous with naked street bikes, to a certain extent. The brand gave a good re-entry in the year 2006 with the Gladiator, which then became a series the next year made gave a re-entry tag for the Yamaha. Then, needless to say that the Yamaha FZ-16 and the YZF R15 aided the company to scale new heights in the Indian market.
However, the company did not stop its commuter bike – Crux though it’s not the company’s target segment. This bike has now silently undergone a facelift now. Though there is not any major change, the design is set to be in par with the present trend.
To begin with, the Yamaha Crux is now equipped with a Multi Reflector Headlamp to ensure enhanced visibility to ride at night time. The fuel tank is facelifted with new graphic design making it classy than the older one. This is the most visible change out of all which differentiates from the earlier model. The fenders in front and rear are chrome tipped. This was of course, present in the previous model too. The rear shocks are adjustable too.
Yamaha Crux Specifications
- Engine type : Air – cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
- Cylinder arrangement : Single cylinder
- Displacement : 105.6cc
- Bore & Stroke : 49.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio : 9:1
- Maximum power : 7.6PS (5.59 kW) / 7,500rpm
- Maximum torque : 7.85N.m / 6,000rpm
- Starting system : Kick start
- Lubrication : wet sump
- Ignition system : C.D.I.
- Primary / Secondary reduction ratio : 3.722 / 3.143
- Clutch type : Wet multi-plate coil spring
- Transmission type : 4-speed constant mesh
- Gear ratios : 1st=3.00, 2nd＝1.688, 3rd:=1.200, 4th=0.875
- Frame type : Double cradle type, steel
- Tire size (Front / Rear) : 2.50 x 18″ 4PR / 2.75 x 18″ 6PR
- Brake type (Front / Rear) : Drum (130mm Dia) / Drum (130mm Dia)
- Suspension type (Front / Rear) : Telescopic / Swing arm
- Battery capacity / Type : 12V-2.5Ah
- Headlight : 12V 35/35W
- Overall length x width x height : 2,000mm x 735mm x 1,075mm
- Seat height : 780mm
- Wheelbase : 1,260mm
- Minimum ground clearance : 160mm
- Dry weight / Kerb weight : 103 kg / 113 kg
- Engine oil capacity : 1.0 liter
- Fuel tank capacity : 11 liters
If you have got something to tell about this news, go ahead but in the form of words here.
Author – BikeAdvice.in