Yamaha Aerox latest price hikes comes after it got one just last month. The MotoGP edition has been removed from the website as well…
It was the September of last month that Yamaha introduced the most powerful scooter of the country – the Aerox 155. What made it a more interesting bit is that it is powered by the same engine as the quasi-supersport R15 v4/M. It was then followed by the launch of Monster Energy MotoGP Edition of Aerox 155 which then gave way to another new color – black – that expanded the palette to a total of four colors.
With the onset of the new year ie just last month, Yamaha increased the price of the sports scooter by Rs. 2000/-. However, that’s not the end of the story.
Yamaha Aerox Latest Price
Recently, Yamaha have again silently bumped up the price tag of Aerox 155 scooter by Rs. 1000/-. It is now offered at Rs. 1,32,000/- (ex-showroom, Delhi). This is the second price hike of the power-scooter in just over a month.
Surprisingly, Yamaha have silently removed the Monster Energy MotoGP Edition of Aerox 155 from its Indian website. This might hint that either Yamaha is bringing an updated colour scheme for the new year or have withdrawn the edition from our country altogether.
|Launched in September 2021
|Rs. 1.29 Lakh
|Monster Energy MotoGP Edition Launched in September 2021
|Rs. 1.30 Lakh
|Added the Black colour in December 2021
|Rs. 1.29 Lakh
|First Price Hike of Aerox 155 in January 2022
|Rs. 1.31 Lakh
|Second Price Hike for Aerox 155 in February 2022
|Rs. 1.32 Lakh.
2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 scooter Key Features and Highlights
- The Aerox 155 is India’s most powerful scooter on offer, sharing the same engine as the R15 v4/M.
- It is offered in three color options – Metallic Black, Racing Blue and Grey Vermillion.
- The engine in question is a 155 cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve unit equipped with their Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) technology.
- The power-unit produces 15 PS of power at 8000 RPM and 13.9 Nm of torque at 6500 RPM. These numbers are slightly less than R15 v4/M’s 18.4 PS and 14.2 Nm.
- The power is transferred through a V-belt automatic transmission system.
- The chassis is made up of motorcycle-esque Telescopic forks at the front combined with twin-shocks as standard or KYB ultimate series shocks as option in the rear.
- The wheels are 14” rims covered with road-focused 110/80 section in the front and 140/70 in the rear.
- The braking duties are handled by 230 mm disc setup in the front and 130 mm drum in the rear aided by ABS as standard.
- Gross Weight – 126 kg
- Seat Height – 790 mm
- Ground Clearance – 145 mm
- Fuel Capacity – 5.5 L
- The Feature-list is filled to the brim consisting of side-stand kill-switch, external fuel lid, multi-function key switch, 24.5 L under-seat storage. front pocket with USB port and stepped single-unit seat.
Recently, Yamaha have introduced the updated 2022 Aerox 155 in Indonesia in two variants and is offering as many as six paint schemes.
The incessant price increments have become a norm every other month. Makers blame the high raw material prices for that and the burning inflation is definitely one of the reasons of the same.
It is very disappointing and somewhat annoying that a few days back you see a certain price and after sometime the price is raised silently. It is because of the fact that prices have risen sharply in the last couple of years, sales have taken big falls.