Who is Earth Energy? What are its plans? What are its specialties and capabilities? We list all the details in quick pointers..
Mumbai based automotive start-up Earth Energy has showcased their Glyde SX and Glyde SX+ variants of commuter scooters. Founded in 2017, Earth energy boasts their strong commitment towards building the Indian EV infrastructure ecosystem and highlights their use of only indigenous components.
Let us list a few key pointers that summarize the brand and its plans…
- As we said, Earth Energy is an Indian brand that has its headquarters in Mumbai and R&D and 20,000 sq feet manufacturing facility around the outskirts.
- They highlight their achievement of 98% localisation in manufacturing and spares which they claim will bring down the cost of maintenance as well as availability of spare parts.
- They are set to launch their Glyde range of electric scooters that they say have been put through 7 lakh testing kilometers!
- On-road price of their products will start from Rs 75,000.
- The company has set a target of rolling out its first batch of retail vehicles from 1st week of January 2022.
- This batch will comprise of 460 vehicles.
- Most Important – Earth energy claims their vehicles are compliant with all public charge extensions which are either functional or are being set up by both Government and Private players.
The company already has presence in 10 Indian states where it has appointed distributors. These include – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa.
Speaking on the development, Rushii Senghani (CEO and Founder of Earth Energy) said
“We are really happy with the way the Glyde SX & SX+ variants have performed. Our vehicles have been put through 7 lakh testing kilometres and even today the bike has performed admirably, with it being put rigorously through its paces. The Glyde is a no fuss, reliable and efficient modern scooter that is made for the modern commuter.”
Earth Energy appears to be that maker which is keeping a low profile unlike some very high sounding makers that are burdened by tall promises. They are taking things slowly and let us hope it gives us good products in the times to come…