The teaser images are over in the Suzuki’s global website for the so called New Middle Class Motorcycle. Suzuki has pulled the wraps up and has officially confirmed that the teaser images were that of the 2012 V-Storm 650 ABS as we had reported rightly a week back.
The V storm is not a new bike at all. In the litre class there is already the V Storm 1000 and in the middle class, the V Storm 650 has been in America’s line up for the past 7 years since 2004. This Adventure Motorcycle had not seen any upgrades for the past few years, here comes the new 2012 V Storm 650 ABS.
The following are the key features of this new Adventure Motorcycle,
- Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile.
- The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
- Stylish and functional front air intakes and side air outlets contribute to both looks and rider comfort.
- 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- Comfortable riding position composed with a well-shaped seat, slim 20-liter fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
- Functional seat, combining red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and topped with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- The upswept muffler, topped with a silver cover and a buffed-finish end cap is gracing the rear end.
- Lightweight resin luggage carrier comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat and is one piece with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars.
- Instruments with an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock.
- LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
- Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- 645cc V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for a full-range riding enjoyment.
- Efficient engine designs deliver high mileage and class-leading riding range.
- Radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency and allowing hot radiator air to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent application under process)
- The fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
- A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
- Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and well-poised running at high-speeds.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound stepless damping adjuster as well as a spring preload adjuster.
- 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- Transponder-type Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS) helps prevent theft with an electronic code ID system built into the owner’s key.
- A wide selection of Suzuki Genuine Accessories, designed for a smooth, easy fit with the V-Strom 650 ABS, adds to both adventure tourer profile and function.
Here is the brief spec list of the New 2012 V Storm 650 ABS.
Engine Type : 4 Stroke, Liquid Cooled, DOHC, 90 degree, V Twin
Engine Displacement : 645 cc
Bore x Stroke : 81mm x 62.6mm
Compression Ratio : 11.2 : 1
Carburetion: Fuel Injection
Starter System : Electronic Ignition
Lubrication System : Wet Sump
Transmission : 6 speed Manual
Suspension (Front) : Telescopic, Oil Spring, Oil Damped
Suspension (Rear) : Link Type, Oil Spring, Oil Damped
Brakes (Front) : Disc, Twin
Brakes (Rear) : Disc
Tyres (Front) : 110/80R19M/C 59H
Tyres (Rear) : 150/70R17M/C 69H
Fuel Tank : 20 Litres
Overall L x W x H : 2290 x 835 x 1405 mm
Wheelbase : 1560 mm
Kerb Weight : 214 Kg
This motorcycle is available in 3 colours namely Pearl Mirage White, Metallic Fox Orange and Glass Sparkle Black.
The bike will however come to the International dealers only by the mid November of this year. However there are no chances as of now, for this bike to be launched in India. The price of 2012 V Storm 650 ABS is not yet revealed. Keep watching this space for an update on price once announced by the manufacturer.
Author – BikeAdvice.in