Upcoming Hero 300 ADV will be the most interesting bike that deserves a lot of attention. We list five ‘firsts’ it will sport for the maker…
Though it has showcased truckloads of futuristic concepts which never made it to production, Hero this time appears to be reasonable and serious with the sports motorcycle segment in India. With as many as three 200 cc motorcycles, including the very impressive Xpulse 200, Hero already has gone out of its comfort zone. The new Xtreme 160R has received rave reviews on its styling and the product has been backed by some impressive specs as well.
At the Hero World 2020, the India’s largest two-wheeler maker surprised everyone by showcasing a new Adventure concept it is working on. The good thing about it was that it wasn’t outrageous like before, and looked believable.
The company did not reveal a lot of details about it but here are a few quick pointers that will be a first for the brand…
- Trellis Frame – The big talking point about the motorcycle is that it will sport a trellis frame. This is the first time that Hero will be using such a frame on any of its motorcycle.
- Upside Down Front Forks – Upside down front forks have become very common in India. Even 125 cc sports motorcycles like 125 Duke, RC125 now sport them. Bajaj is also offering it on its Dominar range of cruisers. This upcoming ADV will be Hero’s first motorcycle to be equipped with inverted shock absorbers.
- Biggest Engine – Hero has not revealed the exact capacity of this motor. It has just hinted that it will be between 300 to 500 cc. We believe it will be near that 300 cc mark which will still make it the biggest motorcycle from Hero to be offered on sale ever. Till now, Karizma, with its 225cc engine was the largest capacity motorcycle Hero sold in India.
- Liquid Cooling – Again, many motorcycles in India are now liquid cooled. Few months back in the BS4 era, we had liquid cooled motorcycles starting at around Rs 1 lakh. However, Hero doesn’t offer a single motorcycle with this tech so far. And hence this ADV will be the company’s first liquid cooled bike.
- Costliest Motorcycle – Obviously we do not know much about the motorcycle to predict its price but one thing is certain – this 300cc ADV will be Hero’s costliest and the most feature rich bike in India ever.
With so many firsts for the company, this will definitely be a very big project for Hero and considering India’s growing penchant towards ADVs, this will be one of the most interesting product we are looking forward to…