2023 KTM RC 8C breaks cover with more power, more weight, more tech and more flexibility to offer the ultimate track weapon…
There will be very few biking enthusiasts who know KTM used to make a supersport model long back, called the KTM RC8, powered by the mad 1190 cc engine. Fewer than these will remember what a menacing machine the old RC8 was with the power delivery rash enough to make the riders lose their bladders. This craziness forced the company to abandon the supersport model for the tamed-yet-hooligan 1290 Super Duke.
However, buoyed by their impressive success in the Moto2 & MotoGP championships, KTM launched the limited-run track-only 2022 RC 8C supersport model which was designed to offer Moto2-style agility & power but specced-out with MotoGP tech & aesthetics. It was a great success among track enthusiasts and as result gave the company great confidence to further their track-only machine.
Now, KTM have further improved the concept and have launched the 2023 KTM RC 8C limited to just 200 exclusive units globally with more oomph & more tech features.
Also read – Energica Planning To Enter India By 2024; Discussions On With Big Names
Limited-Run 2023 KTM RC 8C – Highlights & Features
- KTM is describing the new RC 8C as ‘Revised, Reworked & Ready To Race’.
- True to their description, KTM have reworked the 890cc LC8 engine to pull out 135 HP (7 HP more than the previous) & 98 Nm of torque.
- They explain that this power increase is possible thanks to the use of new & lighter titanium values and conrods, two piston rings, higher compression ratios, a bigger throttle body and a bolstered fuel pump/pressure.
- The 2023 version of the RC 8C has been lightened to tip the scales at just 142 kg. For reference, our KTM RC 390 measures 172 kg (kerb), which is 30 kg more.
- KTM have also offered the rider a horde of adjustability options to suit the bike to his/her preference – Adjustable steering-head, Offset of the triple clamp, Throttle response & degree of bite variability and adjustability of Braking pressure using the Brembo Stylema Callipers.
- To maintain the track-only exclusivity of the new RC 8C, KTM have given the supersport a spacial Satin Black finish accented with factory Orange colour and will offer individual model number which will only be limited to 200 units.
- The 2023 RC 8C is built around the CrMo4 Steel frame, suspended on the staple WP Apex Pro Forks tuned to be softer to offer better feel and ride quality to the rider.
- It is equipped with race championships tech consisting of GP-shift Quickshifter+, a GPS-equipped dashboard with lap-timer, KTM RC-16-inspired switchgear, Traction control, Power maps and engine braking tunability using the said switches.
Finally, 30 lucky riders who will purchase the 2023 KTM RC 8C will earn a chance to receive their own machine at the Circuito Ricardo Tormo in Spain on April 26, 2023. It is here these 30 lucky riders will receive their RC 8C bikes along with the chance to put these machines to their paces under the guidance of former Grand Prix racing coaches. KTM will be taking care of accommodations, food and bike transportation for these 30 owners from Austria to Spain.
KTM have increased the asking price of the limited-run 2023 KTM RC 8C from the previous iteration and are asking $39,599 or Rs. 32,58,510/- for this exclusive track beast.