Domestic Sales Overview for May 2022 again sees Hero sitting on the top spot… Royal Enfield still registers the least sales of all…
All the sales numbers for May 2022 are in for 6 of the top manufacturers of two-wheelers in India – Bajaj, Hero, Honda, Royal Enfield, Suzuki and TVS.
Let’s see how each of them fared against each other in terms of Year-over-Year (YOY) and Month-over-Month Domestic Sales.
For May 2022, the sales ranking shows no change from last month’s ranking. This month again Bajaj have occupied the top position edging-out Hero MotoCorp. Suzuki India once again out-sold Royal Enfield in sales, keeping the latter at the last position.
Top-6 Indian Manufacturers Domestic Sales May 2022
- Hero MotoCorp – Highest selling manufacturer of two-wheeler for May 2022, Hero registered gain of 192.34% YoY while gaining 17.06% MoM.
- HMSI – Second highest seller of two-wheelers, Honda saw the most gain of a whopping 727.41% YoY while gaining just 0.66% MoM.
- TVS Motors – Ranking third once again, TVS registered a gain of massive 267.64% YoY while seeing gaining 6.06% MoM.
- Bajaj Auto – Standing at fourth position, Bajaj showed growth in May, posting 59.26% gain YoY and 3.08% gain MoM.
- Suzuki India – Maintaining second last position in the ranking this month again, Suzuki showed the second highest growth YoY expanding by a massive 383.64% while the MoM gained 11.40%.
- Royal Enfield – Selling the least two-wheelers in the domestic market, Royal Enfield is the only manufacturer that was in Red considering MoM. YoY the growth stood at 166.65% while the MoM sales dropped by 0.61%.
One fact is very important to point out here during the comparisons – In May 2021 majority of Indian states were facing localised lockdowns. This is the reason why the sales numbers of many manufacturers are relatively low. And this is also the reason many manufactures posted triple digit growth considering YoY comparisons.