It all began in 1985. Who knew this step would turn into a legend. As we stand in this decade, Suzuki celebrates the making of a legend, the GSX-R series. Exactly 25 years back, it gave a little glimpse of this technical marvel and for all this while it has carved its own niche and celebrates a distinct appeal among all the biking aficionados in this world. Suzuki launched a special limited edition commemorating the 25th anniversary of the GSX-R series.
The bike thorned in a different appeal and different styling marks a new milestone in the biking world. The frame has been done in matt titanium silver color along with a part of the fairing and the rest of the bike is mostly pearl white.
The bike has been ornamented with a idiosyncratic silver and while color combo along with a distinct 25th Anniversary logo gleaming from almost everywhere. Keeping the uniqueness limited Suzuki would be selling only 1000 units of these bikes only. The various celebration features which are laden onto this bike are:
- Distinct color: The bike comes sparkling in metallic Mat Titanium Silver and Pearl Mirage White which reflects true celebration ambience all over.
- Special Logo Color: The logo also now sports a chequered yellow colored big “R” followed by grey colored “GSX”. In conjunction, it looks awesome.
- Embossed logo on the wheels: Both the wheels now find unique Laser Processed pinstripe “25th Anniversary Edition” embossed on them.
- Logo on mufflers: Both the mufflers have been decorated with special “25th Anniversary Edition” emblems.
- Serial Number plate: Another addition is the serial number plate on the yoke.
- Celebration key: The fantastic eye to detail reflects in the outlook of Suzuki in designing the theme of this bike. They have even kept the key in mind. The ignition key also comes with a special GSX-R logo color.
GSX-R 25th Anniversary Edition Specifications:
Engine Type: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore x Stroke: 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm
Engine Displacement: 999 cm3 (cc)
Compression Ratio 12.8 : 1
Carburetion: Fuel injection
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Suspension: Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force fully adjustable
Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression damping force 2-way fully adjustable
Wheels: Front: 17 M/C x MT3.50, cast aluminum-alloy
Rear: 17 M/C x MT6.00, cast aluminum-alloy
Brakes: Front: Radial mount, 4-piston calipers 310 mm disc, twin Rear 1-piston caliper, 220 mm disc
Tires: Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank: 17.5L
Overall Length: 2,045mm
Overall Width: 720mm
Overall Height: 1,130mm
Ground Clearance: 130mm
Seat Height: 810mm
Curb Mass: 205kg
Experience more at the official Suzuki GSX-R 25th Anniversary Site
– Saad Khan