So, here it is, Honda’s 15th product of the year – Shine SP launched today in Delhi! It is a 125 cc motorcycle which will sell alongside the regular Shine. Don’t worry, the 14th product – the Hornet 160R will also be launched, most probably next month. So Honda fulfils the promise of launching 15 products within this year, however, only a handful out of them make sense and are interesting – rest all are very minor sticker additions to the existing bikes.
Shine SP – Key Launch Pointers
- SP in the name stands for ‘Special’.
- Honda claims a market share of 46 percent in the 125 cc segment and Shine SP is expected to take this ahead.
- Over 43 Lakh Shines have been sold till now.
- Honda claims Shine SP comes with the most refined engine in the segment
Shine SP – New Features
Shine SP gets the following features..
- 5-Speed gearbox – the only noticeable change
- Slightly different design than Shine
- Digital Analog meter console
- 5 Dual-split alloy wheels
Shine SP Engine
Shine SP continues with the same 124.73 cc 4 stroke single cylinder SI engine which produces an unchanged 10.57 bhp of peak power at 7500 rpm and 10.3 Nm of maximum torque at 5500 rpm. It returns a fuel economy of 65 kmpl.
Shine SP Colors:
Shine SP is available in 5 color options
- Rebel Red Metallic
- Pearl Amazing White
- Geny Grey Metallic
- Athletic Blue Metallic
Shine SP Price & Variants
Honda is offering Shine SP in 3 variants. Here are their respective prices..
- Shine SP Self-Drum-Alloy: Rs 59,900
- Shine SP Self-Disc-Alloy: Rs 62,400
- Shine SP CBS: Rs 64,400
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
This means Honda is charging about Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 for essentially an added gear on the ex-showroom price! We are not sure if that is justifiable but that is Honda’s way of expanding a segment…