A new electric scooter under 1 Lac is coming up from Simple Energy. Dubbed as the Dot One, many details have been revealed by the co…
Simple Energy – which, in my opinion, is one of the start-up to look out for, in the electric 2-wheeler space, has announced its second scooter in the Indian market. The electric scooter will be called as Simple Dot One and there are a fair bit of details the maker has released through a press note.
New Electric Scooter Under 1 Lac – Simple Dot One Confirmed Features
- Dot One will be more affordable than the One and it has been promised to come at a price tag of under Rs 1 Lac.
- The Dot One will debut on 15th December in India, which is when we expect to know the exact prices as well.
- The Dot One will share its platform with the flagship model One. I expect it to look very similar to the One.
- The affordable scoot will come with a 3.7 KWH battery, unlike the removable unit on the One.
- It will have a range of 151 kilometer (certified) and 160 kilometer (IDC).
- The Dot One will have a 30 liter of underseat storage.
- It is confirmed to sport a touchscreen instrument cluster that will also offer app connectivity for enhanced functionality.
Bookings of the Dot One will commence on the 15th of December and its deliveries have been promised from January 2024 onwards. Simple Energy also informs that existing One customers can also consider the Dot One, however, I believe Simple means existing people who have booked the One can change their booking to the Dot One (in the same queue). This will get clear on the launch day.
There have been reports of delivery issues that Simple Energy is facing and the maker hasn’t really delivered a lot of its bikes till now. I wish Simple sorts its internal issues and streamlines production with the demand. A sub 1 Lakh scooter will give it enhanced bookings and another delay will only leave everybody disheartened…
I recently tested a very interesting looking electric motorcycle from another start-up – the Orxa Mantis. You can check out its quick first ride review below..