Racing electric Apache motorcycle has been purpose-built for the new, demanding application. It comes with very interesting features suitable for racing…
TVS Motor Company has put in its heart and soul in the electric domain. Apart from the commuter iQube, TVS has showcased its prowess in the form of the X crossover scooter that it unveiled in Dubai. The X goes onto become the most technically advanced electric 2-wheeler in India.
The maker hasn’t stopped in commercial products. It has announced the first electric racing championship for 2-wheelers and in the process it has become the first Indian maker to do so. Called as TVS Racing Electric One Make Championship, the series will start at the 4th round of INMRC on 29th September 2023. For this event, TVS has already picked eight riders that will race in this championship.
What will they ride? Electric Apache Racing Bike
So, TVS has also developed a racing electric Apache bike that carries forward the racing pedigree of the brand. Here are the special features of the racing electric Apache that will take part in the championship…
- High power cells battery pack
- Carbon fiber battery case that also acts as a stressed member of the chassis
- Highest power to weight ratio in the class and it gets a liquid cooled motor as well as a high efficiency liquid cooled motor controller
- Custom built advanced battery management system that has special race algorithms with promised high levels of security
- Ohlins front and rear suspension
- Carbon fiber made wheels – both front and rear
- Pirelli Super Corsa tyres
- TVS also claims best-in-class coefficient of drag with the carbon fiber fairing of the motorcycle.
TVS should be given a pat on the back for spearheading the electric engineering in 2-wheelers and there will be a lot of knowledge that it will gain through this electric racing championship. Most of these learnings are expected to percolate to the future production electric motorcycles, whenever they will arrive from the Chennai based maker…