TVS has not updated its Apache range for a long time now but despite that they have been registering some staggering sales which have only risen in the last few months! To take the game head-on against arch-rival Bajaj, TVS is preparing a bigger 200 cc Apache and this is apart from the K03 based motorcycle(s) that are being developed in collaboration with BMW!
A report on Iwanbanaran.com quotes Arun Siddhartha, Senior GM Marketing and reveals some sneaking bits about the bike including its engine. Apache 200, which will also be launched in Indonesia, will draw a lot of design inspiration from the Draken concept showcased at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo.
Apache 200: Key Pointers
Here’s all the dough about the upcoming Apache 200…
- All new 200 cc single cylinder 4 valve SOHC engine just like the one on the new Pulsar 200s
- Development of the bike has been done in collaboration with BMW Motorrad which has helped in making the cooling system of the bike
- The bike will sport a flat tank lid and will get a digital instrumentation console
- Adding to the sporty quotient will be LED tail lamps and split seats
- The bike might even sport Pirellis in the top variant
- Apache 200 will just share the brand name Apache with the existing 160 & 180 RTRs but will essentially be an all-new motorcycle.
- While the front may not sport USD forks but the rear will certainly get a rear monoshock setup (as we have already seen in the latest test mule).
The name Apache has been associated with small powerful sporty machines, and we can expect the upcoming 200 cc Apache to also have a similar DNA. It is already under tests and an Auto Expo 2016 launch can very much be expected. Check out on-road spyshot here…
Also Read: List of Five Most Affordable ABS Equipped Motorcycles in India Under 2 Lakhs
With the Apache 200, TVS will be venturing into Bajaj’s long-dominated segment and as customers, we can only expect fireworks….