DSK Benelli, at an event today in Pune, has launched their cheapest and the smallest offering in the lineup – the TNT25, which also happens to be their first single cylinder bike in India. Priced at a starting tag of Rs 1.68 lakhs ex-showroom, Delhi, the TNT25 will fight against the Mojo and CBR250R.
The new TNT25 is powered by a 249 cc mono cylinder, liquid cooled, DOHC engine with a balancer shaft. It has been tuned for our country and the Indian version produces 28.16 bhp of maximum power at 9,800 rpm and 21.61 Nm of peak torque at 8,000 rpm.
The fuel supply is via carburettor, fuel injection is not present. Errata: The motorcycle is fuel injected. Mated with a 6 speed transmission the bike can hit a claimed top speed of 145 kmph. ABS is, unfortunately, not on offer.
TNT25: Quick Key Pointers
Here are some quick pointers about the bike:
- It will be available in two versions. The standard version gets MRF tyres and the slightly higher priced trim comes with premium Metzelers. (RC390: MRF Revz C1 & FC1 Radial Tyres Review)
- The front wheel comes with a 110/70 R17 tyre while the rear is shod with 150/60 R17 rubber.
- The front suspension gets inverted telescopic forks while the rear gets a mono shock absorber.
- The front brake is a 385 mm petal disc and the rear is a 318 mm petal unit. The bike gets steel trellis frame for better handling along with split seat.
- It also gets LED tail lamps.
- It measures 2,080 mm in length, 810 mm in width and 1,125 mm in height.
- The wheelbase is 1,400 mm.
- TNT25 has a kerb weight of 159 kg and an impressive 17 litre fuel tank.
- It comes with a 160 mm ground clearance (though differs with the kind of tyre selected).
- DSK Benelli is offering TNT25 in two colour options – Rosso (red) and Bianco (white).
Benelli TNT25 Price
- TNT25 MRF Tyres: Rs 1.68 lakhs
- TNT25 Metzeler Tyres: Rs 1.75 lakhs
*both prices ex-showroom, Delhi
These are real good prices for a semi-imported motorcycle and slightly higher than the India-made Mojo. Will the new Benelli create trouble for the others..?