While we were riding the Mojo from Mumbai to Igatpuri yesterday, Mahindra announced its official price and at Rs 1.58 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi, it is pretty much in the realm which we expecting, bang under the CBR250R! For all of you, who want to know our experience of riding this tourer, at the moment we will sum it up in two words – “Surprisingly Good“!
- The price announced is ‘introductory’ and Mahindra says it is only applicable till Diwali. After which they may increase it up, if the response is good…
- The company also informs that first 100 Mojos have already been pre-booked by invitation.
- Bookings open from today.
- In the initial phase, the motorcycle has only been limited to the four cities of Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru and Mumbai across 10 dealerships.
- Mojo will be introduced in other cities in a phased manner.
- It carries over the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 tyres, twin-headlamps, upside down forks from the first unveiled prototype in 2010.
- Digital console tells you a lot of interesting bits including your top speed as well as the 0 to 100 kmph sprint time.
Mojo’s Engine & Specifications
Mojo is powered by a 295 cc, 4 stroke, liquid cooled single cylinder DOHC engine which churns out 27 bhp of peak power (at 8000 rpm) and a very impressive 30 Nm of maximum torque (at 5500 rpm ). The motorcycle weighs 165 kg (dry) and has a fantastic fuel tank capacity of 21 liters.
The front gets a 320 mm disc with radial calliper whereas the rear gets a 240 mm disc with floating calliper.
Mahindra is making Mojo available in three color options..
- Glacier White
- Charcoal Black
- Volcano Red (our pick!)
Let us list the ex-showroom price of the motorcycle in all the four cities it is available in at the moment..
- Mojo New Delhi Price: Rs 1,58,000
- Mojo Mumbai Price: Rs 1,60,500
- Mojo Bengaluru Price: Rs 1,63,500
- Mojo Pune Price: Rs 1,60,500
So, there we go… after a long wait of five years, Mahindra has officially launched the Mojo and they are spot on with its targeting, pricing and the product engineering… Our first ride review is being penned down and will be published soon…