As a testimonial to the enthusiastic response received by their Centuro, Mahindra Two Wheelers has revealed that it has received more than 30000 bookings of the 110cc motorcycle ever since its launch. This has happened within 6 weeks of the launch of the Centuro.
To cash in on the strong demand, Mahindra is scaling up production at its Pithampur based plant. Mr. Anoop Mathur, President of Two Wheeler Sector and Member of the Group Executive Board of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, had this to say :
The fantastic response we have received for the Centuro, especially in today’s challenging market environment, is testimony to its strong value proposition and appeal amongst consumers. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for the faith they have shown in the brand and assure them that we will meet this demand in the shortest time frame possible.
Centuro sports a slew of innovative features some of which are really useful first in class! Here’s the list :
- An intelligent MCi-5 engine that provides an answer to the intertwined needs of power and fuel economy
- Peak power output is rated 8.5 BHP@ 7500 rpm, and peak torque is 8.5 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- The claimed mileage is an impressive 85.4 kmpl
- Anti-Theft Alarm with Engine Immobiliser
- Encrypted Remote Flip Key
- Find Me Lamps as well as Guide Lamps
- Digital Dashboard with Distance-To-Empty Indicator
- Economy Mode Indicator and Service Reminder as well
- A Maintenance-Free Battery
The icing on the cake is the 5-year warranty that is being offered along with the bike. If the Centuro does really well, then this scheme could kick the air out of Hero MotoCorp’s belly in the longer run.
The Mahindra Centuro is available at all Mahindra Showrooms across India at an introductory price of 45,000 INR. Mahindra had offered a discount of 1,000 INR for the first ten-thousand bookings of the Centuro.
We have taken a short ride of the bike and came out impressed with what the bike offers. Unlike Pantero, it has what it takes to give a real challenge to the segment leaders. Centuro’s good show at the sales charts is extremely necessary for Mahindra since the company has put all the force it had to create a stir in the market.