Fazer 25 price aggressive; lesser than expectations…
At an event in Mumbai, Yamaha has introduced their second quarter liter motorcycle in the entry level, called as Fazer 25 (and not 250). Based on the FZ25, the new Fazer takes the total tally of motorcycle offerings in this range to five – FZ FI, FZ-S FI, Fazer 150, FZ25 and the latest Fazer 25.
Fazer 25 – Key Pointers
- Fazer 25 is nothing but the body of FZ25 – now offered with a full fairing.
- Yamaha is promoting it as a Sports Tourer.
- In his speech, Mr Roy Kurian, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, said that they are giving an option to the existing 150 cc FZ owners to upgrade.
- Fazer 25 becomes the most premium motorcycle in the FZ range.
- Yamaha says they are targeting youngsters in 20s and early 30s with the new Fazer 25.
- The promotion theme they have planned is – ‘Great Stories Begin on Weekends‘ to promote and enhance the weekend leisure riding culture.
Fazer 25 Engine
Fazer 25 continues to be powered by the same 249 cc single cylinder SOHC fuel injected engine capable of producing 20.9 PS of peak power at 8000 rpm and 20 Nm of maximum torque at 6000 rpm. There is no 6th gear on offer and the motorcycle continues with a 5-speeder.
Yamaha has on sale only two colours for the new Fazer – Soulful Cyan and Rhythmic Red. Both of them are matte finished and featured on this page.
Fazer 25 Price
|ex-showroom Delhi||Rs 1,29,335|
|ex-showroom Mumbai||Rs 1,28,335|
This is lower than our expectations and only marginally higher than FZ25’s Rs 1,19,335 (ex-showroom Delhi). Bookings open from today and deliveries will commence from next month (September 2017).