New Keeway K300R carries faired sport aesthetics but is expensive than the Apache RR 310 which appears to be a more capable machine…
So, Keeway India have been teasing 2 new bikes for the last 3 days on their social media channels. They offered a few glimpses of the upcoming machines through short teaser videos, detailed enough to tell us that the new motorcycles will be carrying Naked as well as Faired Sport aesthetics.
Today, the Hungarian-Chinese manufacturer have launched both of these bikes and the names of these bikes are – K300 R (Faired Sport) & K300 N (Naked).
Let’s first talk about the new Keeway K300 R faired sport bike….
2022 Keeway K300 R – Colours & Price
Keeway have introduced the new K300 R faired sport bike at an introductory price of Rs. 2,99,000/- (ex-showroom).
The new K300 R is being offered in 3 paint schemes – Glossy White, Glossy Red & Glossy Black.
2022 Keeway K300 R – Highlights & Features
- Keeway describes their new faired sport to be ‘The perfect companion for those who are passionate about speed’.
- The design of the K300 R is traditional faired, which the company claims is a high-performance and sleek aerodynamic design with drag-reducing characteristics.
- The K300 R is powered by a 292.4 cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine.
- This power-unit produces a decent 27.50 HP at 8750 RPM and 25 Nm of torque at 7000 RPM, having the characteristic of being a high revving engine.
- The power is put down to the tarmac through a 6-speed transmission which is aided by a slipper clutch system.
- The chassis is designed around a Bassinet Frame.
- Connected to the frame are a pair of 37mm Upside Down (USD) forks in the front, paired with a centrally-mounted Monoshock setup at the rear.
- Braking duties are handled by a 292mm single-disc at the front paired with a 220mm single-disc at the rear aided by dual-channel ABS as standard.
- The new K300 R rides on 17”-110/70 section alloys at the front & 17”-140/60 alloy wheels at the rear.
- Curb Weight – 165mm
- Ground Clearance – 135mm
- Seat Height – 780mm
- Fuel Capacity – 12 L
Looking at the bike and its design philosophy, it has an uncanny resemblance with the CFMoto 300SR. It will compete with the like of TVS Apache RR 310 & KTM RC 390 which are more powerful than the K300 R, and the KTM RC 200 & Yamaha R15 v4/M which are less powerful than the Keeway.