The 30th Anniversary Limited Edition of the Ninja ZX-14R might have been restricted only to the New World, but Europe gets something better. As a part of the celebrations,Kawasaki have launched a special limited edition of the 2014 Kawasaki ZZR 1400 Performance Sport, as a high performance variant of the motorcycle.
The power output from the 1441cc in line four cylinder mill remains the same 200PS @10000rpm (210PS @10000rpm with RAM air intakes) and the same torque output of 162.5Nm @7500rpm. What’s rather new is a better power delivery and a power thrust above 4000rpm. The new dual throttle valves and dual engine mapping helps the special edition ZZR 1400 (which is called the Ninja ZX-14R in India) to churn out the best performance for any throttle and gear combination.
Kawasaki ZZR 1400 Performance Sport Features:
The new features of the ZZR 1400 Performance Sport include:
- Bubble Screen: Being a mix between a sports bike and a tourer (a sports tourer), the new bubble screen windshield makes riding the bike easier and comfortable during high speed touring.
- New Paint Scheme: It is available only in a new paint scheme which is a combination of Golden Blazed Green and Metallic Spark Black.
- New Seat Pattern: A new dimpled pattern on the seat looks much better and offers better grip.
- Premium Cockpit: The slightly redesigned instrumentation panel uses special edition black meter rings instead of the standard pressed stainless steel rings.
- New Rear Suspension: The bike features a new suspension by Ohlins which compliments the capabilities of the bike. It involves a simple construction that allows the shock’s various components to be lighter and more compact, ensuring very stable damping performance and reduction in the risk of cavitation.
- Akrapovic Exhaust: As compared to the standard exhaust, titanium Akrapovic slip-on mufflers contribute to increased engine performance, reduced weight, enhanced exhaust note and a more imposing appearance.
- Front Fork Top Caps: The front fork top caps have the same design as the drilled billet steering stem nut. The caps are finished with gold alumite, and the markings, Ten and Preload, are laser etched for a high quality premium finish.
- 3 modes KTRC: The bike also gets Kawasaki’s most advanced engine management system, basically a more advanced traction control system.
Available only in the Golden Blazed Green/Metallic Spark Black color, the Kawasaki ZZR 1400 Performance Sport has been priced at 18,990 euros (Rs 15.44 lakhs) which is a good 2,770 euros (Rs 2.25 lakhs) costlier than the basic model.