It is the most menacing thing you will see burning our roads! The Z1000 is nothing less than a naked hooligan capable of disrupting peace of any serene quiet destination.
And in a grand event conducted in Pune today, Kawasaki has launched the new Z1000 in India. Here are all the details:
- The 2014 Z1000 was unveiled at EICMA in November 2013.
- 2014 Z1000 comes from super-naked street fighter ‘Z’ series motorcycles from Kawasaki and sits at just at the pinnacle
- Z1000 joins the earlier league of ZX-10R and ZX-14R which were launched in September 2013 in India.
- At this event, Kawasaki also officially announced the upcoming Delhi showroom.
- Z1000 will be up for sale at both – existing Pune and upcoming Delhi showrooms.
- Kawasaki, currently has plans to sell modest 100 units of the bike per year for now.
- Z1000 will be brought into India as a CBU (Completely Built Units).
Z1000 Engine & Other Details:
Z1000 is powered by a 4 stroke in-line 4 cylinder, liquid cooled motor with a displacement of 1043cc which is mated to a 6 speed transmission. Z1000 produces peak power of 142PS at 11,000rpm and maximum torque of 111Nm at 7300rpm. Even the Ninja1000 uses the same engine, which has also been launched in the country along with Z1000.
It comes with a fuel capacity of 17 liters and weighs 221kgs. Braking duties are performed by 310mm dual petal discs at the front and single 250mm petal disc at the rear. Z1000 comes equipped with ABS as standard.
Z1000 Price in India
Kawasaki Z1000 is priced in India at Rs 12.5 Lakhs ex-showroom Pune and Delhi. This is Rs 3.2 Lakhs lesser than the supersport ZX-10R and Rs 4.4 Lakh cheaper than the maniac ZX-14R.
Bookings of this naked Kawasaki monster have already commenced last month and deliveries will start from January or February of 2014.
Keep tuned and we will update the article with better quality pics. So, how many of you are in the queue?