Ducati SuperSport Price tops at 13.39 Lakhs…
At the Intermot last year, Ducati unveiled the Supersport which, in Ducati speak, is a road going sportsbike. Available in a two variants – SuperSport and SuperSport S, these Italians are already on sale in some markets and were launched in India on 22nd September this year.
Ducati SuperSport Price
|SuperSport||Rs 12.08 Lakh|
|SuperSport S||Rs 13.39 Lakh|
*both prices ex-showroom pan-India
SuperSport has been priced in the UK at 10,955 pounds (~ 9.30 lakhs INR) whereas the more aggressive Supersport S will set you back by 12,495 pounds (~ 10.60 lakhs INR). They have been recently launched in Malaysia at RM80,899 & RM88,899 which is roughly equal to 12.39 Lakh INR and 13.61 Lakh INR respectively.
Basically the SuperSport family is intended to be little more relaxed than the Panigale 959, targeting buyers who do not want an outright super-committed riding posture. It is more of an everyday superbike as the Ducati supremo also said during the unveil conference. Just to clarify, it is a sportsbike and not a sports tourer!
Ducati SuperSport Features
Here’s what you need to know about the bike:
- The 937 cc Testastretta 11 degree, L-Twin cylinder Desmodromic mill churns out 110 bhp of maximum power at 9,000 rpm and 93 Nm of torque peaking at 6,500 rpm.
- 80 percent of the torque is produced by 3,000 rpm!
- The bike may seem to be carrying lot of parts from the Hypermotard like the engine but Ducati says it is all-new. The electronics, however, have been shared.
- The new Supersport gets three riding modes for your pleasure – Sport, Touring and Urban.
- Paying true homage to the Panigale lineage, the Supersport boasts of a 48-degree lean angle while the long wheelbase of 1,478 mm will lend it stability.
- The tubular steel trellis frame sees the engine as a stressed member. The intelligent frame configuration has helped keep weight under check. In fact, the motorcycle tips the scale at 210 kg wet.
- Adding to versatility are relaxed rider and pillion position and a height adjustable plexiglass screen for good airflow deflection.
- In terms of electronics, the Supersport gets Ducati Safety Pack as standard which includes ABS and Ducati Traction Control. The SuperSport S also gets DQS (quick shifter) and a pillion seat cover.
- The front suspension gets 43 mm upside-down Marzocchi forks which are fully adjustable. The rear gets a progressive linkage with adjustable Sachs monoshock.
- The Supersport S though gets fully adjustable 48 mm USD Ohlins forks while the rear gets a fully-adjustable Ohlins monoshock.
- Braking duties as overseen by 2 semi floating 320 mm discs with radially mounted Monobloc Brembo M4-32 four piston callipers. Rear sports a 245 mm disc with two callipers.
Also Read: Ducati XDiavel Review: First Ride
Ducati has very high expectations from this new Supersport and they aim to keep 60 percent of the sales for the standard variant and 40 percent for the all-out S! That’s not all, they even expect it to outsell the Panigale 959!
Also Read: After Desert Sled, Ducati Launches Scrambler Cafe Racer at 9.32 Lakhs…