Barely a few weeks back, Honda shocked everyone by announcing two big launches in India within this year. One was the 160cc premium motorcycle and the other one they said will be the cheapest coming from their stables.
At a media roundtable conference, Honda has officially unveiled details of the new bike which will be called as CD 100 Dream!
With the CD100 Dream, Honda enters the sub-segment of the 100-110cc motorcycles in India against the Hero’s Dawn, Deluxe and other entry level motorcycles.
- ‘CD’ prefix will remind you of your good old Hero Hondas and it marks a return when Honda has gone solo. ‘CD’ has been a nomenclature which Honda has been using on its mass motorcycles since 1966. ‘Dream’ is the more latest term which we have seen on the Dream Neo and Dream Yuga but its roots date back to the ‘Dream D’ motorcycle launched in 1949 in Japan.
- CD110 Dream is specially made for Indian buyers
- CD110 Dream is powered by the same 110cc engine from the other Dream bikes.
- It produces 8.25bhp of peak power and 8.63Nm of maximum torque.
- Honda promises an on-road mileage of around 74kmpl. The rated fuel efficiency of the motorcycle is 83.32kmpl.
- This is Honda’s most affordable product in India.
- CD Dream will go on sale next month.
Honda did not showcase the bike in person but did share its pictures and presentation slides. With the CD Dream Honda marks its foray into the entry level segment which contributes about 23% of the total sales of the 70 Lac units per annum.
Honda CD110 Dream Price:
CD Dream is priced at Rs 41,100 ex-showroom Delhi and will be available only in the Kick/Spoke/Drum variant according to the press release. However, as these pictures show, either Honda will launch the alloy-wheel version later or they meant 6-spoke alloy wheels on the bike!
In comparison, Dream Neo costs Rs 41,954 and Dream Yuga is priced at Rs 43,848 for their entry level variants, both prices ex-showroom Delhi.
Honda CD 110 Dream Colors:
Honda will launch the new CD Dream in an option of three colors…
- Black with Red Stripe
- Black with Blue Stripe
- Black with Grey Stripe
Honda will start dispatches of CD Dream in the market by mid-July and it will go on sale by next month of August.
Honda CD 110 Dream Specs & Features:
- 110cc engine
- Max Power: 8.25bhp at 7500 rpm
- Max Torque: 8.63Nm at 5500 rpm
- Ground Clearance: 179mm
- Wheelbase: 1258mm
- Long Seat
- Tubeless Tyres
- Viscous Air Filter
- Maintenance Free Battery
Interestingly, Hero is also caught testing another entry level motorcycle with an extra long seat very recently. It will be an interesting battle between the two erstwhile partners!