Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) closed the financial year 2013-14 with a bang! It closed on fantastic figures of 37.21 lac units. On March 31, they ended up unloading 55,000 units on a single day, on the occasion of Gudi Padwa and Ugadi in West and South India respectively.
Here are some key pointers for Honda for March 2014
- This is the best ever month for Honda with highest monthly sales
- For the Month of March 2014, the company sold 3,92,148 units in all
- Scooter sales grew 53% but more impressively motorcycles grew by 57%
- Honda Shine registered highest ever sales (dispatches) of 94,000 units
*Upcoming Activa 125. Click pic for all details & leaked prices
Here are some key pointers for Honda for the financial year 2013-14:
- Best Year for Honda with highest yearly sales ever.
- Honda launched 3 all new models – CB Trigger, Dream Neo & Activa-i
- Sales of Dream Neo & Dream Yuga crossed 6.3 Lac units.
- Honda grew 73% in the 100-110cc segment when the segment grew at just 4%
- Honda Shine, the largest selling 125cc in the market, registered total sales of 7.4 Lac units.
- In the 150cc segment, Honda registered an increase of 5% in market share, though the figures have not been shared.
Honda’s domestic market share has risen from 6% to a whooping 28% with total sales of 37,21,935 units. With this, the company has just got even stronger at the second-to-top slot in the country.
Some of the significant achievements by the company are:
- They opened five new Zonal offices at Patna, Jaipur, Nagpur, Raipur & Varanasi to amass local market intelligence.
- Honda started “Service on Wheels” initiative in March to boost last mile connectivity of Honda.
- Honda also started a partnership with the TV channel POGO for the character Chota Bheem to increase awareness among kids along with their families about traffic safety.
- The company also adopted its 2nd Traffic Park in Delhi to spread safety promotion among citizens.
Honda also expanded on its sales and service network; they now can be reached at over 2800 outlets across the country as compared to 1950 outlets in the last financial year. Its a very strong going by the company. They have beaten Bajaj all ends up and is now eyeing the supremacy of Hero, which is also going from pillar to post.