The Pulsar 200NS is my favourite Pulsar yet. Refinement, looks, performance, she has it all. The price tag too was just right. The engine, sourced from KTM Duke 200, was tuned as per Bajaj’s requirement and was a fair enough progression from the 180 cc and 220 cc mills. But what you see here will leave you mind-boggled!
Spotted by MotoSaigon in Vietnam, this Pulsar 220NS draws a lot of design influence from the magnanimous Kawasaki Z1000, the litre class super-beautiful naked. Vietnam gets the fuel injected version of NS200 and is sold under the Kawasaki-Bajaj branding. However, in this Sugomi Z1000 inspired avatar, this Pulsar NS200 is claimed to be sporting a rebored motor which takes its capacity to 350 cc! We would not discuss if that is possible or not but we will do is stand up and salute the guy who did this design!
Output figures have not been revealed but boy it loos magnanimous! Here is a list of all what has changed:
- New LED headlamp.
- Trident logo between the headlamp and restyled wind deflecting visor.
- Fatter 180 section rear tyre (standard Pulsar 200NS gets 130 mm).
- Austin Racing aftermarket exhaust.
- Brembo brake callipers.
- Honda Grom sourced instrumentation.
- Clip-ons replaced for a lowered rod-type handlebar.
- New front brake and clutch levers.
- Restyled pillion seat and tail section.
- Altered rear suspension.
The Pulsar NS200 has sadly been discontinued in India to help the newer Pulsar 200s gain traction. There are rumours that Bajaj might bring it back soon in the fuel injected avatar but there has been no official word on that so far. Till then enjoy ogling this one as we have more than 14 pics deciphering it from whichever angle you want…