Ducati xDiavel Nera is a special edition made in partnership with Poltrona Frau. It comes in a dedicated livery and some custom options…
The two Italian premium brands – Ducati and Poltrona Frau – have joined hands to create their latest masterpiece – Ducati XDiavel Nera.
The company believes that the XDiavel Nera reflects passion for design, craftsmanship tradition, the use of cutting-edge technologies and an aptitude for innovation.
Ducati explains that the XDiavel Nera exudes its own unique character and aesthetics and will be produced in a numbered edition limited to 500 units.
Poltrona Frau is a leading company in high-end furniture and one of the ambassadors of Italian design all over the world. Their collaboration with Ducati, introduced with the Ducati Scrambler Club Italia project, benefits from the experience gained over the years by the Interiors in Motion area of Poltrona Frau.
The Italian designer specializes in the creation, construction and supply of distinctive leather interiors in the premium automotive, aviation, rail transport and offshore navigation sectors.
Also read: Yamaha Tenere 700 World Raid ADV Unleashed
The new Ducati XDiavel Nera
- Ducati introduced the new XDiavel Nera as a motorcycle with a strong personality that focuses heavily on the concept of Individualization.
- The new XDiavel Nera features a Black on Black livery with alternate gloss and matt black portions.
- This livery is further reflected on a dedicated Jet Helmet which owners of XDiavel Nera can take alongside the bike.
- Other visual highlights of the new XDiavel include brake calipers & engine head-covers painted in Ducati Red colour and the lightened and fully machined forged rims, painted in Gloss Black.
- The most eye-catching feature of the XDiavel Nera is the special seat made of Pelle Frau – soft natural leather saddled by hand.
- The hand-saddled seat is available in five different colours – Siam Red, Steel Blue, Cemento, India and Selva – and is customized with a series of “X” engraved through a sophisticated laser process.
- The XDiavel Nera is limited to only 500 special editions and those lucky-few owners will also receive an exclusive key-ring and document holder made of Pelle Frau leather in the matching colour to the one chosen for the saddle.
- Underneath the new livery and custom leather seat, the power-cruiser is mechanically unchanged.
- The power-cruiser is powered by a 1262 cc, Testastretta DVT, twin-cylinder engine with final belt-drive.
- The powerhouse produces 160 HP of power at 9,500 RPM and 126 Nm of torque at 5,000 RPM.
- The chassis consists of a tubular steel trellis frame combined with USD forks at the front and adjustable monoshock setup at the rear.
- The power cruiser rides on 17” wheels and uses a massive 240 mm wide tyre at the rear which allows it to have a 40° maximum lean angle.
- The braking setup, like all high-end Ducati machines, features Brembo monobloc M50 calipers and two 320 mm discs at the front, while at the rear gets a single 265 mm disc aided by lean-sensing ABS.
- The feature-list of XDiavel is jam-packed with Bosch IMU, all-LED Lighting and DRLs, Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Riding Modes, Cruise Control. Ducati Power Launch (DPL), two-level dashboard with colour TFT screen and keyless ignition.
Ducati XDiavel Nera Booking and Availability
The Ducati XDiavel Nera bookings have already started and prospect buyers can order their machine with the seat in their preferred color.
The XDiavel Nera will be available in dealerships in the Ducati network starting from March 2022. It will join its siblings in the Ducati XDiavel range alongside the XDiavel Dark and the XDiavel S.
The Xdiavel Nera was announced to the public in the Seventh Episode of the Ducati World Première Web Series. In the coming weeks, Ducati will unveil three more models during the Eighth, Ninth and Tenth episode of their web series.
You can find all the latest developments here…. So stay tuned….