CB300R fuel economy promised by Honda is higher than many of its competitors…
On the 8th of February, Honda officially launched the all-new CB300R in India, after announcing it in January. Ever since then a lot has been talked about the motorcycle. Let us summarise the motorcycle in quick pointers..
CB300R: Summary so Far
Production – The motorcycle will NOT be completely produced in India like the KTMs. Honda has announced that it will be available for sale through the Completely Knocked Down (CKD) route for our market ie they will import the motorcycle in small parts from some country, assemble and sell it here.
Price – The motorcycle retails at 2.41 Lakh ex-showoroom pan-India. This means it is almost Rs 50,000 costlier than CBR250R.
Bookings – Bookings are underway from January 15th at a pre-payment of Rs 5000. However, for the first three months, Honda says, they are sold out. Reports predict that they have received about 400 bookings so far. Deliveries will commence from March.
Availability – CB300R is NOT available at all the Honda dealerships in India. Honda will only sell it from their premium retail chain Wing World. Here is the complete list of 22 dealerships where the motorcycle will be available.
Engine – CB300R comes powered by a 286cc DOHC 4 valve liquid cooled single cylinder engine. It produces 30 bhp of peak power at 8000 rpm and 27.4 Nm of max torque at 6500 rpm.
Finer Points – Features
- Frame is constructed with tubular and pressed steel; swingarm is made from steel plate. Rear monoshock is 7-step adjustable.
- It gets tapered handlebar and has a 40 degree turning angle. Honda claims a turning radius of 2.3 meters.
- Upfront it gets 41mm dia upside down forks – so no cost cutting here!
- It also comes equipped with 296 mm front petal disc brakes with 4-pot calipers. The rear is a 2-piston caliper 220 mm petal unit.
- Dual channel ABS performs duty along with IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit).
- The motorcycle also gets Full LED lighting which includes Headlamps, tail lamps and side indicators.
- It has a ground clearance of 151 mm.
- Two colours are on offer – Matte Axis Gray metallic and Candy Chromosphere Red.
- CB300R Fuel economy: It comes with a 10 liter fuel tank and Honda is promising a fuel efficiency of 30 kmpl ie a 300+ kms range!
Honda also showcased an accessorised version – you can check its pics & details here.