Moments back Bajaj has officially launched their long awaited Dominar 400 in India at a shocking price tag of Rs 1.36 Lakhs ex-showroom for the entry-level variant.
Dominar Features & Quick Pointers
- Dominar 400 gets slipper clutch.
- 35 Nm Torque is equal to Duke 390 and it peaks at 6500 rpm – all the makings of a lovely tourer with a solid mid-range.
- The motorcycle is bolted on a beam type perimeter frame with chunky 43 mm telescopic shock absorbers at the front and a multi-step adjustable mono-shock at the rear.
- Dominar 400 gets a dual-channel ABS with a 320 mm disc upfront and 230 mm disc at the rear.
- At the front it comes shod with 110/70 17 inch rubber and 150/60 17 inch tyre at the rear – both radials.
- In terms of dimensions, Dominar is 2156 mm long, 813 mm wide and 1112 mm high.
- Apart from a wheelbase of 1453 mm, it has a ground clearance of 157 mm.
- Fuel tank capacity is 13 liters whereas the motorcycle weighs a hefty 182 kg kerb (that’s a Royal Enfield category guys!).
- Dominar also gets a full LED headlamp with AHO (auto-headlamp On).
Dominar 400 Engine
Dominar 400 is powered by a single cylinder liquid cooled 373.3 cc Triple-Spark 4-valve DTSi engine which churns out 35 PS of peak power at 8000 rpm and 35 Nm of maximum torque at 6500 rpm. The motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox which is actuated by a slipper clutch!
Dominar 400 Performance
Along with that 35 Nm of salivating torque, Bajaj claims a 0 to 100 kmph drag in 8.23 seconds and a top speed of 148 kmph. Stopping power from those MRF tyres/Brembo brakes is claimed to be in 46.19 meters from 100 to zero kmph! Also, Bajaj announced that Dominar 400 has been tested from sea-level to 18,380 feet.
Dominar 400 Price
Dominar 400 is offered in two variants and here are their respective prices
- Dominar 400 disc brake non-ABS Price – Rs 1.36 Lakh
- Dominar 400 ABS Price – Rs 1.50 Lakh
*both prices ex-showroom Delhi
Dominar 400 Colours
Bajaj is making the Dominar 400 available in four colors
- Midnight blue
- Twilight Plum
- Moon White
Where is black, Bajaj?
Dominar Bookings & Availability
Bajaj has opened bookings of Dominar from today and deliveries will commence from January 2017. You can book it online from Bajaj’s official website at an advance amount of Rs 9000. Initially, the motorcycle will only be available in 22 cities and 80 dealerships in India.