We quickly discuss Chetak launch, city, expected price and other questions…
There is no better way Bajaj could have marked its return to the scooter segment in India. It has resurrected the most popular nameplate of its times – Chetak and the styling is spot on! Bajaj Chetak was unveiled a few days back and its design has been applauded by almost everyone. Surprisingly, Bajaj did not talk much about the scooter and whatever we know we have shared it in this story...
Let us quickly answer a few question you may have regarding the electric Chetak…
Chetak Launch & Other Questions
- So, when will the anticipated scooter get launched?
- Bajaj informs that Chetak will be launched in the month of January 2020. Production has already commenced from 25 September.
- Where is Chetak being made?
- Chetak is being produced at Bajaj’s Chakan plant. Bajaj informs that Chetak’s facility is state of the art, dust-free, temperature controlled and comprises 80 percent women.
- Will Chetak be launched all over India?
- No, since most of the cities in the country do not have the charging infrastructure, all electric vehicles, including the Chetak, will be introduced in a few cities initially and gradually be expanded to other cities of the country.
- Which will be the first city Chetak will be launched in?
- Chetak will be launched in Bajaj’s hometown Pune in January 2020.
- What are the other cities Chetak will go to?
- After Pune, Chetak will be launched in Bengaluru. Later, it will go to Delhi and a few other cities.
- What is Chetak’s expected price?
- Rajiv Bajaj has hinted that Chetak’s price will be ‘attractive’ but not ‘aggressive’. So, do not expect a stonker of a tag like how Dominar 400 opened its innings. Ather 450 costs Rs 1.13 Lakh on road in Bengaluru after the FAME II subsidy. Chetak is also FAME II compliant and we are expecting a similar price tag of something in between Rs 1.0 Lakh to Rs 1.30 Lakh.