So the D-Day has come..! This has been a pretty busy week for us. Honda world premiered their next-gen City on 25th and then we have this Goa Burn Up Royal Enfield Continental GT media ride and launch days and today Triumph’s India launch in Delhi again.
We are running from pillar to post to cover everything. While I am writing this article sitting in Goa, our Delhi team is preparing to set out for the Triumph’s launch which is scheduled at a prominent hotel in New Delhi.
So, the long wait seems to be getting over in a matter of few minutes or so. According to the invite they have shared, the proceedings start at 10:45am and details should start pouring in from 11 am.
Triumph has had a delayed entry in India. They showcased their complete range of products along with the decided prices at the 2012 Auto Expo in India. While their prices started from Rs 5.5 Lakh for the Bonneville, the Rocket III was the costliest at Rs 22 Lakhs back then. You can check their Auto Expo 2012 stall here.
However, due to certain issues, their official Indian entry got delayed and it is only today that the company is finally launching themselves in India, after a wait of almost 2 years. Nonetheless, here is a quick word on what is expected from them:
- According to a few speculations going around, Triumph may launch three products today along with their prices. Though the exact products are not known, but they may be Tiger 800 XC, Daytona and either the Street Triple or Speed Triple.
- Prices will see a revision from what they were during the Auto Expo. We expect an addition of Rs 75,000 to Rs 1.5 Lakh on every model.
- After settling down, Triumph will launch many more models in India which will include a lot of them which you and we have been craving for.
- Most of these bikes will be brought in via the CKD route (Completely Knocked Down Units) and they will be assembled here at company’s Manesar plant in India.
- Triumph has appointed dealerships in Bangalore and Mumbai (at least) and other big cities will see an official announcement soon.
We will be reporting live from the venue at our official Facebook Page. Keep tuned for all the developments.
Meanwhile, you can visit all our coverage on Triumph here.