Ather DOT Launched at Rs 1800: Charge Your Ather Scooter at Home

We share Ather DOT charging time, its specifications, price and details – however this charger can only charge Ather’s scooters!

Apart from working on and expanding its charging infrastructure around Chennai and Bengaluru – the two cities where Ather currently operates in, the electric two wheeler maker has launched Ather DOT – a new home charging solution for all Ather owners.

Ather DOT is a home charging DC point which has an output voltage and current of 60V and 12A respectively. It weighs 3.5 kg and is offered in Dove Grey colour. Ather will be providing an input cable of 1.2 meter (~ 4 feet) whereas the output cable is long enough for a scooter parked 2 meter (~ 6.5 feet) away.

Ather DOT Charging Time

With an efficiency of 94 percent, Ather claims that Ather DOT can offer 80 percent charge (from zero) in 4 hours and 30 minutes. However, it takes 45 additional minutes to charge the remaining 20 percent (0 to 100% in 5 hour 15 mins).

Ather says that it wanted to take charger off-board as this helps in improving weight distribution and also increases vehicle dynamics.

Ather DOT is equipped with features like surge protection and auto cut-off along with app-integration – so you can easily leave the scooter on charge overnight or at office and it will take care of everything else.

Ather Space Chennai Launched – Where You Can Test Ride Ather’s Scoots

Ather DOT charging time
These are Ather Grids which Ather has installed at various public locations

Ather Slashes Scooter Prices by ₹9000 After GST Reduction

Ather DOT will be available for customers in Chennai and Bengaluru. It can be bought at Rs 1800 all inclusive – includes standard installation, consumables, labour charges and GST. You can also get it installed by any local electrician and to facilitate the process Ather will also provide an installation manual along with it.