Ather 450X & 450 Plus Gen 3 scooters are generational updates with some useful features… Sales starting from 20th July itself…
So, Ather Energy have launched their much-awaited 3rd Generation of ‘450X’ and ‘450 Plus’ electric scooter in the Indian market today.
The new 450 electric scooter series are a generational update with many improvements resulting from the feedback collected from their existing customers.
2022 Ather 450X & 450 Plus – Price, Variants & Availability
Just like always, the new-gen Ather 450 series electric scooters have been launched in 2 variants – 450 Plus & top-spec 450X.
Find below the tables showing the city-wise pricing of both variants.
All the prices mentioned above for the 2 variants respectively include the FAME-II subsidy and the Ather Dot/Portable charger & Performance upgrade.
Ather have announced that the Gen 3 450X and 450 Plus electric scooter are available for purchase from 20th July 2022 itself at various Ather dealerships across India.
2022 Ather 450X & 450 Plus – What’s new
- Ather Energy explains that the Generation-3 of these electric scooters have been worked on 3 criteria – Performance, Consistency & Convenience.
- Ather shared that the Gen-3 450X will come fitted with a battery with 25% more capacity and 20% longer life.
- They have bumped the Lithium-ion battery from 2.6 kWh to 3.66 kWh in the 450X.
- The battery update has increased the claimed range to 146 km and the true range claimed by Ather is 105 km.
- This means the range used by their power-hungry modes – Warp & Sport – have also increased.
- They now claim that the real-world range for Warp mod will be 65 km & for Sport mode will be 75 km.
- Another update they have brought is the use of better compound tyres developed in collaboration with MRF.
- The new compound used will offer better high-speed performance and shorter braking distance, improving the rideability and safety of the rider.
- Ather have officially announced their proprietary Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which will be offered as an accessory and will be integrated within the wheels of the electric scooter.
- Ather proudly introduced a new set of rear-view mirrors which they claim will offer 2X better visibility and 5X better reliability than the previous ones.
- Coming to feature updates – Ather have updated the RAM of their digital dash which will offer quicked response ot inputs.
- Ather have also promised some new future features – Offline maps, Richer Graphics, Multi-language support, Voice commands, Deeper diagnostics and Running more apps simultaneously.
- Finally, they have introduced a new cast Aluminium side-step, which they claim is long-lasting and designed to blend into the lines of the scooter.