Activa 125 FI features PGMFI, new informative instrument cluster etc and comes without a conventional starter motor. We tell you why…
Honda’s Activa 125 has gone onto become India’s first mass market Bharat Stage VI compliant two-wheeler. Not only is it greener than the outgoing model, it also boasts of many interesting features – we are listing the most prominent ones down below…
Activa 125 FI Features
Honda informs that this scooter comes with as many as 26 new patent applications.
- New Silent Start – Honda is using the same AC generator to start the scooter which charges the battery which means the conventional starter motor is gone. This means there are no gear meshing noises and the new Activa powers up quietly. This is achieved by efficient utilisation of decompression with slightly opened exhaust valves followed by a swing back feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction. Honda says this allows the piston to take a ‘running start’ and makes the engine come to life using small amount of power.
- New Instrument Cluster – The new digital analogue meter assembly shows three new pieces of information – Range (the total distance you can cover with the remaining petrol), Average fuel efficiency and Real-time fuel efficiency. Apart from the regular stuff, it also has an on-board diagnostic feature of malfunction light.
- Side Stand Indicator & Engine Inhibitor – This is a first for a scooter and prevents it from powering on if the side stand is engaged – pretty useful!
- Warranty – New Activa 125 is being offered with a special 6-year warranty package – out of which 3 years are standard whereas you can also opt for a 3 year extended package by paying extra.
- External Fuel Lid – Activa 125 also becomes the first scooter from the company to feature an external fuel lid – a very convenient feature which should have come earlier!
Apart from all of this, it also gets fuel injection, improvised tumble flow (which improvises combustion), friction reduction and 13 percent enhanced fuel economy.
As before, it is offered in three variants, prices of which you can check in our launch article. Dispatches commence from September end and deliveries are expected to start from next month onwards.