2022 Yamaha R25 is offered in two new shades, however, only the ABS version gets them. It is the smaller sibling of R3 that was sold in India…
After launching the 2022 version of their retro-styled XSR155, Yamaha have updated their YZF-R25 for the current year. The quarter-liter sportsbike has received two new colours for 2022.
The first colour is a slightly varied shade of Blue which Yamaha calls Racing Blue. It is very similar to the Racing Blue colour scheme which the Indian version of Yamaha R15 comes in.
The second colour is a combination of White and Red colour which is the special livery which celebrates their 60 years in the World GP. This 60th Anniversary WGP livery is similar to the liveries its older siblings (R1, R7, R3) have also received.
These visual updates have only been brought to the ABS version of R25. The non-ABS version comes in three standard colours – Blue, Red and Black.
Other than the visual updates, the bike remains largely untouched.
2022 Yamaha R25 – Key Pointers –
- The powerhouse of R25 is a 250cc, 2-cylinder in-line, DOHC, liquid-cooled unit.
- It produces 35.5 BHP of power and 12,000 RPM and 23.6 Nm of torque at 10,000 RPM.
- The power is distributed through a 6-speed transmission utilising a wet, multi-plate clutch.
- The chassis is made up of a Diamond frame with USD suspension in the front combined with monoshock at the rear.
- Braking duties are taken care of by dual-piston hydraulic disc at the front and single-piston hydraulic disc at the rear.
- The R25 gets ABS braking system, Full-LED lighting and digital instrumentation as standard.