2020 Thunderbird spy pics suggest cosmetic as well as mechanical changes…
After the new Classic, Royal Enfield has now been caught testing what looks like the 2020 Thunderbird. Spy pics shared by Powerdrift reveal many subtle changes to the motorcycle. Let us list them down…
2020 Thunderbird Changes
- Disc brake setup on the right hand side.
- As a result the chain and sprocket setup has been moved to the left hand side.
- Unlike the current model, the new Thunderbird has a smaller exhaust canister which doesn’t outrun the length of the motorcycle!
- The rear mudguard is smaller in size and has a plastic extension. The tail lamp assembly also seems to have been altered a bit.
- The mule is running on new Y-shaped alloy wheels which are slightly different from the ones on the Thunderbird X range.
- Though there is no confirmation but the kick starter also appears to be missing.
2020 Thunderbird Spy Pics
Many of these changes lead us to believe that this could be the BSVI version under tests, mandate of which will kick in from next year. Otherwise, why would RE tinker the motorcycle’s settled mechanicals just before it will have to be revamped for the mandatory emission norms?
RE has recently branched two variants out of their Thunderbird platform – the X promoted as a city rider and the standard cruiser version. More details on RE’s plans should get revealed in the coming months. For now, they have launched very weird Trials models based out of their Bullet range (have a look at it).