So, one of the most awaited bikes of the country, Pulsar 400 is out and what we have received can be called as a fanatic fans frenzy! Earlier touted to be called as Pulsar 375, Bajaj chose the higher-than-Duke naming convention.
Bajaj also revealed a few official details of the biggest Pulsar. Let us take a few of them and the remaining what we can deduce from them and the motorcycle which was kept on display at the Auto Expo.
Bajaj Pulsar 400SS key pointers:
- Engine: Pulsar 400SS will carry the same 373.2cc single cylinder motor from Duke 390. The change will, however, be the introduction of Triple Spark plugs like the Pulsar 200NS.
- Pulsar 400SS will be fuel injected and will get 4-valves
- It will come with a 6-speed gearbox.
- Pulsar 200SS gets twin projector head lamps upfront which come with silver underlines. Over these, we have the eyebrow pilot lamps.
- It will be equipped with Antilock Braking System (ABS). Will it be standard remains to be seen. Duke 390 gets it as standard and the model Bajaj showcased at the Auto Expo also had it.
- Unlike the underbelly exhaust of the Pulsar 200NS & the Duke twins, Pulsar 400SS gets a dual tone short one. Does it look good? Well, we can not decide yet!
- Instrument Console: What we liked about the console was that it was not an all-digital one and features a mix of digital speedo, gear indicator and analogue tachometer. It appears similar to Pulsar 200NS in design but we believe it will show more details.
- Disc Brakes: Interestingly, Pulsar 400SS was showcased with round disc brakes upfront. The rear were regular petals
- Pulsar 400SS will be the biggest Pulsar in the market along with being the first ever full faired Bajaj.
- It will also mark the return of Bajaj to fuel injected models after it discontinued their Pulsar 220 DTSFi.
- Split seat appears to be decently wide, however the grab rails are hidden neatly into the rear cowl.
- The tail lamps look real overdone and possibly out of place too. We hope the production model comes with a better and more complementing design.
Interestingly, the display model of Pulsar 400SS was equipped with Metzeler tyres, both front and rear. This hints at the real possibility of the Big Pulsar coming shod with them.We have recently also got this news that these tyres have become cheaper now. So all you Duke-sters waiting to get a pair, rush now!
Bajaj Pulsar 400SS will share its mechanicals, frame and other bits with the sibling Pulsar 400 CS Cruiser Sports. It also gets scratch guard on the tank and the seating posture appears to be a non-aggressive one, which means you tourers can giggle around in joy!
Bajaj Pulsar 400SS Launch & Expected Price
Bajaj did not give any kind of a hint regarding its launch. But what we have managed to gather is that Bajaj does have plans to launch it within this financial year itself. According to the sniff we have got, clubbed with our own acumen, we expect Pulsar 400SS to be priced around the 1.65-1.75 Lakh which will make it the best bhp-per-rupee motorcycle, possibly in the world!
So which one is your best bet from the Auto Expo – Pulsar 400SS or HX250R?
Bajaj Pulsar 400SS Walkaround Video (Uncut):
Bajaj Pulsar 400SS 25 Pic Gallery
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox.
Subscribe for FREE!