Yes, they are not able to fulfil customer orders and we have had instances where people who have booked their Renegades are still waiting for them even after 8-9 months! But they are at a very nascent stage and are trying to create a strong foundation – clear hints that they are here for a longer innings.
One major customer-centric programme UM has recently launched is the 24×7 Roadside Assistance across India for all owners of their motorcycles and it is FREE of cost! Here are more details on that…
- This will be the first inclusive Roadside Assistance program for motorcycles costing less than 2 Lakhs.
- It will be complementary upon your purchase of the motorcycle and will be valid for one year.
- You will need to call the UM RSA Toll free number 1800-102-1942 to avail their services.
UM RSA: What all is Covered?
- Road accident
- human errors
- dead battery
- Empty fuel tank or contaminated fuel – Upto 1 liter of petrol will be provided (applicable once for ‘out of fuel’ motorcycles during the period)
- Lost or broken keys
- Tyre punctures
- Bolts or valve related issues
UM RSA: Finer Points
- UM’s RSA will provide 50 km cover from specific cities to all motorcycles needing help, except islands.
- UM’s RSA program will be valid from day one of your purchase of a UM motorcycle. You can avail the services 24×7 and all 365 days a year.
- They will try to mobilise the motorcycle in case of a dead battery or a rider error.
- If the vehicle is immobilised due to mechanical or electrical failure or an unfortunate accident, RSA will tow the motorcycle to the nearest authorised service center.
- In the ‘lost keys’ scenario, they will arrange for pickup and delivery of spare keys if the motorcycle is within the home city. Otherwise, the motorcycle will be towed away to the nearest authorised service center.
- They also promise emergency medical assistance to the rider and pillion in case of an accident. In this case the charges will have to be borne by the customer. They will also relay urgent message to the family or friends in case of medical emergencies.
We really applaud United Motorcycles for coming up with such a helpful road assistance program, never seen before in the smaller motorcycle range in India. Even if they fulfil half of their promises from this list (once the customer reach is higher), it will be a commendable job!