TVS Raider SmartXonnect launched with the segment-first 5” TFT display and Bluetooth connectivity to further facilitate the rider…
So, TVS Motors have added the top variant to their popular Raider 125 lineup with the introduction of – TVS Raider SmartXconnect – and is priced starting at Rs. 99,990/- (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The most significant addition to the new Raider SmartXonnect, as the name suggests, is the new 5” TFT instrumentation display with added Bluetooth Capabilities. And just like how modern the bike is, TVS also launched the new bike on a new modern platform – Motoverse – hosted in the Metaverse.
2022 TVS Raider SmartXonnect – Price, Availability & Colours
The new TVS Raider SmartXonnect is the top spec model of the Raider model and has been introduced at Rs. 99,990/- (ex-showroom, Delhi).
This pricing makes the SmartXonnect variant nearly Rs. 14,000/- more expensive than the base Drum-brake variant and nearly Rs. 6,000/- more costly than the mid-spec Disc-brake variant.
The new Raider SmartXonnect is offered in 2 colours – Fiery Yellow & Wicked Black.
TVS have shared that the bookings for the new Raider SmartXonnect have begun with the deliveries of the model starting really soon.
2022 TVS Raider SmartXonnect – Highlights & Features
- The Raider motorcycle is a model of many ‘Firsts’ for the company.
- Previously, it was the First model in its segment to have an LCD display and Riding modes.
- Now, it has become the First motorcycle in its segment to have a 5” TFT instrumentation display and the First bike to launch on TVS’ virtual Metaverse platform – Motoverse.
- Bearing the moniker ‘SmartXonnect’, it is easily understood that TVS have pulled no punches in filling the new Raider to the brim with tech.
- TVS have equipped the new Raider with a 5” TFT display which is aided by their proprietary SmartXonnect technology which connects the smartphone directly with the display via Bluetooth.
- This tech allows the bike to share many performance-related stats with the rider’s smartphone and the rider’s phone can share various notifications with the display.
- The various new features the SmartXonnect allow are –
- Voice Assist
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Call handling
- Notification management – Smartphone & motorcycle
- More than 60 digital features through smartphone
- Image transfer feature
- Ride Reports
- Other than the added TFT display and SmartXonnect features, the rest of the bike remains similar to the existing 2 variants.
- It is still powered by the 124.8 cc, air & oil-cooled, 3-valve, single-cylinder engine which is capable of putting out 11.22 HP at 7,500 RPM and 11.2 Nm of torque at 6,000 RPM.
- This power is put down through a conventional 5-speed transmission system.
- The Raider model boasts performance numbers of 0-60 km/h in 5.9 seconds and a top speed of 99 km/h.
- The Suspension hardware consists of low-friction telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock with 5-step preload adjustability at the rear.
- The Raider rides on 17” alloys and offers a choice of a Drum-brake option and a Disc-brake option.
- The Raider SmartXonnect is offered only in the Disc-brake option.
- Wheelbase – 1326 mm
- Kerb weight – 123 kg
- Ground clearance – 180 mm
- Fuel Capacity – 10 L
Lastly, the Raider SmarXonnect still comes equipped with under-seat storage, Side-stand indicator with engine inhibitor, helmet reminder and USB chagrin port as standard.